• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery bracket on M200A1 trailer, what is it for, sledge hammer!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I just picked this trailer up to move my MILIC from it's heavy M353 2.6K trailer to a lighter M200A1 @2K. I have had these trailers in the past but never seen this bracket before. The end of the threads are peened over so the wing nuts can't come off. So what is it for?
DSCN4765.jpg DSCN4766.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep NDT got it right, a 14lb is too big but a 10 fits nice, I didn't see it earlier, but the clamp for the handle was behind the parking brake. Thanks guys

Guyfang

Staff member
Depending on the application, there are a number of nice add ons. The basic trailer is the M200. Rarely seen any more. The M200 was without fenders, but with the rear legs to prevent the trailer from tipping over backwards. They started to go away in about 1970-71. Then came the M200A1. The only difference was fenders. All the other add on we're specific to the gen set mounted on the trailer. The sledge bracket, ground rod compartment, various cable reels, mounting brackets for PP, (Power Plant) cables, Distrabution boxes, fire extinguisher brackets and my favorite, the work platform in the rear. As I am only 6 feet tall, working on or in a gen set control panel, requires a ladder or several empty beer cases to do so. The work platform made that easy! In the 1990's, came a new front jack leg. The old one was more robust, but was so long out of production, it was no longer repairable. Well, other then stealing one, or finding one on the side of the road. This often happened due to lazy soldiers not securing the Jack properly. When the Jack hung up on something while underway, it sounded like an explosion.

Drocuh

Anyone have a work platform + brackets + pins for the M200A1? Mine doesn't originally have one, but I would like to add one to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks