• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govplanet customer service hanging up in the middle of a call?

TacMac2012

Anyone else have GovPlanet customer service hanging up on them? I had a guy today tell me 'Thats not a problem' after I asked him about fixing something on some paperwork, and then 'click'. The call did not drop, and he did not call me back (I had given my #). I have had them hang up on me before as well so this is not the first time. Just wondering if I am the only one...

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone else have GovPlanet customer service hanging up on them? I had a guy today tell me 'Thats not a problem' after I asked him about fixing something on some paperwork, and then 'click'. The call did not drop, and he did not call me back (I had given my #). I have had them hang up on me before as well so this is not the first time. Just wondering if I am the only one...
Since it happened before is it something to do with how you treat the guy on the other end of the line ?
These type of threads typically only give us "some" of the story.

If it is a true problem reach out to PHasty GovPlanet Rep he will look into it.

TacMac2012

No, not how I have talked to them. One lady did it multiple times in a 30 minute period (this was probably 2 months ago), I guess every time she picked up and I asked the same question, she'd just hang up. I didn't know she hung up until she did it the second time. The guy yesterday was completely pleasant until he hung up, I am guessing it was just something he didn't want to do (something on sf-97 reassignment needs to be changed). I wondered after he hung up if when he said "That's not a problem" that he actually meant it wasn't a problem in his eyes, so he hung up. I called about the same issue this morning and talked with a lady about it and she sent a message to the title department to hopefully get it resolved.

99nouns

Maybe they need to paint that "Hold" button red, instead they keep pressing "Hangup" or vise versa. Always blame the new guy...

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having been a communication engineer for 25yrs, let me put your mind at ease...dropped calls in call centers is not all that uncommon, Pri’s resetting due to telco issue such as high CRC rates or SLIPS is common, lots of new call centers on VOIP and that can create issues. GP’s call center has all the modern reporting tools, monitoring and recordings of the calls.

TacMac2012

So I talked to the same lady three times in one day and she hung up all three times, but only after I gave my info? I can guarantee nothing I said was rude, it was just apparently an issue she didn't want to resolve.

I know the calls were disconnected on GP's end because if my phone drops signal it makes a different tone.

This last time could have been a coincidence, although since I was queue position 6 when I called, and 9 when I called back, he hung up just because.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I talked to the same lady three times in one day and she hung up all three times, but only after I gave my info? I can guarantee nothing I said was rude, it was just apparently an issue she didn't want to resolve.

I know the calls were disconnected on GP's end because if my phone drops signal it makes a different tone.

This last time could have been a coincidence, although since I was queue position 6 when I called, and 9 when I called back, he hung up just because.
This is purely an assumption on your part...a call to GP supervisor or Phillip Hasty May bear some fruit if your that concerned, a dropped call from the network will show call failure,but not to a land line via T1 to a call center.
reports show call drops as there was no button pushed on “release” or a hook switch depression.
like I said, did call call centers for 25yrs and had to TS these issues.

TacMac2012

So you are saying if call Phil he can look back at previous calls (from me) and see if they disconnected, or if the call 'dropped' on their end? The one recently was recent enough for me to know, but the lady that 'hung up' a couple months ago I'd have trouble remembering what day those calls were made.

This most recent time I THINK he hung up, but a couple months ago three times in a row all from the same person on the other end is no coincidence.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks