• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers 20th Anniversary Logo Contest!!!

71DeuceAK

As someone just mentioned bridge plate: How about something involving that iconic M939 series front end as a logo, with the bridge plate? Could go on the back the Steel Soldiers logo/moniker, along with the 20 years 1999-2019 and whatever else on the front.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an idea but I'm not a computer graphics kinda guy.

Might I suggest a soldier saluting in profile in the direction of our American Flag, with the flag gently shaped to resemble a truck that is sitting on military rims/tires.

The 20 years and steel soldiers can easily be working in there.

A second idea is our flag as the backround with a blacked out outline of a soldier saluting a blacked out outline of a military vehicle (or vehicles).

Best,

T

Last edited:

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an idea but I'm not a computer graphics kinda guy.

Might I suggest a soldier saluting in profile in the direction of our American Flag, with the flag gently shaped to resemble a truck that is sitting on military rims/tires.

The 20 years and steel soldiers can easily be working in there.

A second idea is our flag as the backround with a blacked out outline of a soldier saluting a blacked out outline of a military vehicle (or vehicles).

Best,

T
I like the idea of a soldier saluting a military vehicle in silhouette. I might add that to my design, but I feel the design should not be to crowded. Less is more. I would not incorporate the American flag myself. While most people on SS probably are American, there are people from other countries on here. I have seen people on here from the Netherlands (including me), a couple of Germans and more.

SouthJL

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about something involving that iconic M939 series front end as a logo
Having a M936A2 myself, I'm kind of partial to that idea.

Just a simple single color logo for now... could be expanded on with some more detailing or colors specifically for a t-shirt and left as is for other smaller things like stickers.

ss-logo-m939-grill-B2.jpgss-logo-m939-grill-B3.jpg
ss-logo-m939-grill-A2.jpgss-logo-m939-grill-A3.jpg

Not sure which one I like more. The top version gets rid of the duplicate steel soldiers, though technically both were asked for. Bottom one adds a little bit of vertical and brings it a little bit closer to a square.

71DeuceAK

Having a M936A2 myself, I'm kind of partial to that idea.

Just a simple single color logo for now... could be expanded on with some more detailing or colors specifically for a t-shirt and left as is for other smaller things like stickers.

Not sure which one I like more. The top version gets rid of the duplicate steel soldiers, though technically both were asked for. Bottom one adds a little bit of vertical and brings it a little bit closer to a square.

I like!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the idea of a soldier saluting a military vehicle in silhouette. I might add that to my design, but I feel the design should not be to crowded. Less is more. I would not incorporate the American flag myself. While most people on SS probably are American, there are people from other countries on here. I have seen people on here from the Netherlands (including me), a couple of Germans and more.
With all due respect... These were and are American built vehicles built primarily for the men and women of the USA who place their lives between me and the chaos that lies beyond our borders.

I'm tired of those who are afraid to be proudly flying the American flag, because somehow showing pride in our union jack might somehow offend the rest of the World!!! If there are other people visiting this site and owning these vehicles, remind them about where their vehicles and their freedom comes from.

There is no doubt in my mind that our American flag should be a prominent part of this logo!

Obviously this is ultimately the decision of the site owner, but I take our flag very seriously and I won't try to be diplomatic about my national pride.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With all due respect... These were and are American built vehicles built primarily for the men and women of the USA who place their lives between me and the chaos that lies beyond our borders.

I'm tired of those who are afraid to be proudly flying the American flag, because somehow showing pride in our union jack might somehow offend the rest of the World!!! If there are other people visiting this site and owning these vehicles, remind them about where their vehicles and their freedom comes from.

There is no doubt in my mind that our American flag should be a prominent part of this logo!

Obviously this is ultimately the decision of the site owner, but I take our flag very seriously and I won't try to be diplomatic about my national pride.
Well actually this statement is not true , Steelsoldiers welcomes military vehicles from all countries , there are even forum's for them you should really explore the site beyond the HMMWV forum. Now I am just as patriotic as most everyone else in the USA on the forum but respect everyones background . Hopefully there will be some designs with foreign vehicles as many US members have imported them. Here are a few forums you should explore;

[h=2]Unimogs[/h]
All of the German made 404, 406, 412, 416, etc Military Mogs...

[h=2]Volvo Trucks[/h]
303s, 304s, etc...

[h=2]German Vehicles[/h]
This is a good place to talk about Scwimmwagens, Kettenkrads, and now includes East German IFA vehicles.

[h=2]Pinzgauers[/h]
Finally a place for the Pinzies to have a voice!

[h=2]Russian or Eastern Block Vehicles[/h]
Post up your GAZ, ZIL, Ural, etc... Q&A here.

[h=2]Tatra[/h]
The place for all things related to the mighty Tatra trucks.

[h=2]Other non-US MV's[/h]
A place for all other MV's not related to the US or others listed on the site.

Personally I like the bridge plate by itself and don't really care for the design with the M939 grille . Hopefully there will be several designs available to repsent all SS members.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Random thoughts.

I tend to add sleeve logos to Boy Scout Shirts. They are not that more expensive and give you more real estate. A flag can be easily added and the other sleeve can be a partial of one of these great previous submissions.

Also, Maybe there could be more than one shirt available and members could order the one they like the most? Big tshirt companies can easily handle this.

We use class b for a lot of scouting. They can set up the webpage for direct sales , handle all the logistics and send SS the commission {profit}. I have no connection to firm but happy customer.

Great job to all who submitted artwork. You'all are talented!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Random thoughts.

I tend to add sleeve logos to Boy Scout Shirts. They are not that more expensive and give you more real estate. A flag can be easily added and the other sleeve can be a partial of one of these great previous submissions.

Also, Maybe there could be more than one shirt available and members could order the one they like the most? Big tshirt companies can easily handle this.

We use class b for a lot of scouting. They can set up the webpage for direct sales , handle all the logistics and send SS the commission {profit}. I have no connection to firm but happy customer.

Great job to all who submitted artwork. You'all are talented!
This competition is to create an anniversary logo, which will be used to create all sorts of different shirts, hats, stickers, etc... We will make sure there are lots of different styles available to suit most everybody.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good work fellas! Lots of neat ideas being presented. I also believe, "less is more" when it comes to emblems and logos.......................WAY too easy to get cluttered and name/emphasis lost in clutter and many colors................

I also think this site is multi-national. Yeah, MANY here have/are serving in the US military. Yeah, there are a lot of forums about FMV from America. Yet, as mentioned before, there are also many forums about other FMVs from a host of other nations. Our membership is definitely nationally diverse. This time, it isn't just about "Uncle Sugar".....................this time it's about ALL the FMV that have proudly served, no matter where! It's about "Steelsoldiers" and the 20 years she's been around. It's about our membership. It might want to represent what this site "stands" for also.:soapbox: (wasn't really a "rant", more of an opinion, LOL)

Keep up the FANTASTIC work Gents!! REALLY looking forward to seeing more and seeing how some of the designs evolve and change!

99nouns

Ooookkk, that whole nationalist patriotic ejaculation ya'll had messed up my Master design, I was going all American but looks like we have to have an open mind for others, and once is not a big deal, I guess we can handle that since it is the 20th anniversary.

Enough of sarcasm here is what is going on, this 20th anniversary is big deal, it is a great mile stone, so I would like to give something great back to my community who has been there for me since last 4 years when ever I needed them through thick and thin, using my best ability I want to design a shirt we all will wear with pride next 5 years until the 25th anniversary.

So my master design I wanted to get little visual and place the picture of our truck like a circle, then have 20th anniversary in the middle, Steel Soldiers on top etc etc, I am only able to fit 6 vehicles and so far I had chosen
Humvee,
5ton
Deuce
LMTV
HET
HEMTT

So I know I am definitely keeping the Deuce, that's the Original Gangster, and I am keeping the 5ton which is the iconic like Elvis, I am worried about the Humvee because thats the crazy bunch and I dont want to end up in witness protection program again because of them keep sending a hit team for removing the Humvee out of the shirt.

Lmtv is the Fleetwood guys, they just build RVs so I dont care, and you got the giants which I like them but they really are minority.

So here is the dilemma, I cant dedicate full time to this work and we only have 10 days left.

You all have 48 hours to come up with pictures you would like to replace from international community like a Mog or Kaz or something so I can finish this design which I have been working on for last 5 days.

And I am going to only take the final removal/replacement decision from steelsoldier so please do make your case heard...

Thank you,

I am going to attempt to attach what the Master design is almost look like. I hope it works.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ooookkk, that whole nationalist patriotic ejaculation ya'll had messed up my Master design, I was going all American but looks like we have to have an open mind for others, and once is not a big deal, I guess we can handle that since it is the 20th anniversary.

Enough of sarcasm here is what is going on, this 20th anniversary is big deal, it is a great mile stone, so I would like to give something great back to my community who has been there for me since last 4 years when ever I needed them through thick and thin, using my best ability I want to design a shirt we all will wear with pride next 5 years until the 25th anniversary.

So my master design I wanted to get little visual and place the picture of our truck like a circle, then have 20th anniversary in the middle, Steel Soldiers on top etc etc, I am only able to fit 6 vehicles and so far I had chosen
Humvee,
5ton
Deuce
LMTV
HET
HEMTT

So I know I am definitely keeping the Deuce, that's the Original Gangster, and I am keeping the 5ton which is the iconic like Elvis, I am worried about the Humvee because thats the crazy bunch and I dont want to end up in witness protection program again because of them keep sending a hit team for removing the Humvee out of the shirt.

Lmtv is the Fleetwood guys, they just build RVs so I dont care, and you got the giants which I like them but they really are minority.

So here is the dilemma, I cant dedicate full time to this work and we only have 10 days left.

You all have 48 hours to come up with pictures you would like to replace from international community like a Mog or Kaz or something so I can finish this design which I have been working on for last 5 days.

And I am going to only take the final removal/replacement decision from steelsoldier so please do make your case heard...

Thank you,

I am going to attempt to attach what the Master design is almost look like. I hope it works.

What about armor? T-34? M-48? How bout the Tatra 815? Iconic, very capable. Most people recognize the HUMMER outline. M38? Classic Jeep?

Thanks for all the hard work!

99nouns

I was thinking M38 in the front being the modern Grand father of all MVs but I would assume armor would be kind of rare. Maybe a shirt design with all the iconic armor in the future, my favorite being the Abram.

I dont know would Tatra and Mog be like a deuce and 5ton?

So I guess the question would be what 2 foreign vehicles you would like to see on the shirt iconic like deuce and 5ton and which 2 would you remove from the shirt?

Hello friends of the military vehicles!

I think it's funny that you're having a discussion in the US about whether the American flag should or should not be on the T-shirt.
It is an American forum, even if it receives international people and vehicles.
Just be proud of your America if you want.
I would also wear a SteelSoldiers American flag t-shirt.
The only condition: The basic color of the fabric is not black and I have to like it overall. :)

By the way, if you do not know, I'm German.

In German:

Hallo Freunde der Militärfahrzeuge!

Ich finde es lustig, daß ihr in den USA eine Diskussion führt, ob die amerikanische Flagge auf das T-Shirt soll oder nicht.
Es ist doch ein amerikanisches Forum, auch wenn es internationale Menschen und Fahrzeuge aufnimmt.
Seid einfach Stolz auf Euer Amerika wenn Ihr wollt.
Ich würde mir auch ein SteelSoldiers T-Shirt mit amerikanischer Flagge anziehen.
Einzige Bedingung: Die Grundfarbe des Stoff ist nicht schwarz und es muß mir insgesamt gefallen. :)

Übrigens, wer es nicht weiß, ich bin Deutscher.

Greetings from Germany,

Holgi

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you SteelSoldiers (Chris) for opening this logo selection contest to the masses.

I think I see where you're going with this.

As a LOGO design, it might best be something that is information-specific and not definitive of a particular nationality of membership or vehicle. Once the LOGO is defined, if I understand correctly, the backgrounds of ANY MV - Truck, Plane, Boat, CUCV, etc can be included on any shirt, hat, trinket, sticker, etc..

A knee-jerk reflex kicked in when (and I am NOT picking on any one design or designer) stylized elements of model specific vehicle grilles, tire tread patterns, a playing card "spade", and/or the incorporation of a nation's flag have been suggested.... Such might tend to alienate persons who don't own that specific model of vehicle, pledge allegiance in nationality, roll on a favored tire design, or see positive or negative connotation in a "spade", "heart", "diamond", or "club".

Looking back, it seems a GENERIC logo that can be adapted to ANY of the innumerable variations mentioned above seems to be what a LOGO in the purest sense might be. Something that might be "all inclusive" rather than segregating or dividing.

With that - MY OPINION - being said.....
What best presents the key elements Chris has set as requirements?
And, how best do we wish to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of this ALL-INCLUSIVE hobby's WORLDWIDE SUPER SITE serving a diverse yet unified motor-pool, airfield, fleet, and railyard of cars, trucks, aircraft, vessels, and YES even trains?

Let us remember the Biblically founded quote that President Lincoln once used: "A house divided against itself cannot stand."
This wisdom, in my somber opinion, will serve us well if we embrace it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks