• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers 20th Anniversary Logo Contest!!!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Next year, we’ll be celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Steel Soldiers!! Can you believe it?! We have decided to make our our 20th Anniversary more special by commissioning a new logo that we can put on all sorts of SS swag like t-shirts, stickers, hats, etc... We could hire some graphic design firm to make the logo, but what would be the fun in that? Instead, we’re going to have a contest and let the members design our anniversary logo!

Here’s the deal:
1) The logo should include the following: Steel Soldiers, www.steelsoldiers.com, 1999-2019, 20th Anniversary. Everything else is up to you!
2) Post your logo design in the thread below. Logos must be posted in this thread by midnight on October 31st. Designs will be posted in a poll thread and voting will end on November 30th.
3) The winning logo will become the property of Steel Soldiers, LLC and we will have unrestricted rights to use it any way we see fit
4) Prizes are as follows:
  • First Place: 2-year membership to steelsoldiers.com, a free SS t-shirt, and a $50 PayPal gift certificate
  • Second Place: 1-year SS membership, free t-shirt, and a $25 PayPal gift certificate
  • Third Place: 1-year SS membership, free t-shirt, and a $10 PayPal gift certificate

Any questions? Let the contest commence!!

Poll:
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...ers-20th-Anniversary-Logo-contest-VOTE-THREAD

dougco1

No logo yet but I want to thank/congratulate the founder, and I'm proud to be a member of the SS family. Keep up the great work and Rock on.

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No logo yet but I want to thank/congratulate the founder, and I'm proud to be a member of the SS family. Keep up the great work and Rock on.
I appreciate the congrats, Doug. It’s also important to note that the success we have realized over the last 20 years would not have been possible without the support of members like yourself. Thanks for being part of the family.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a great idea.

One suggestion: make this announcement not only a sticky but glue it permanently to the top of the Today's Posts thread and to the top of the forum section it is in now. I found this post only after the second time running through Today's Post and would have missed it completely if I would have been a few days off-line. Maybe it will motivate less active members to get more involved in being active on the forum.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is a great idea.

One suggestion: make this announcement not only a sticky but glue it permanently to the top of the Today's Posts thread and to the top of the forum section it is in now. I found this post only after the second time running through Today's Post and would have missed it completely if I would have been a few days off-line. Maybe it will motivate less active members to get more involved in being active on the forum.
Thank you! We added an announcement at the top of the site so everyone will see it!

99nouns

Can we submit multiple entries? More choices the better I would think for the best design, also I might have multiple ideas, I like competing with my self?
Also if all my designs get selected for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place do I get 4 years membership 3 free t-shirts and $85 in prizes?
Not being greedy, just asking to clarify things in advance.
Oh another detail, will it be printed on the back of the t-shirt or the front, or both? Or would you rather have a main design on the back and small logo in the front by the heart?

Thanks in advance

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Can we submit multiple entries? More choices the better I would think for the best design, also I might have multiple ideas, I like competing with my self?
Also if all my designs get selected for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place do I get 4 years membership 3 free t-shirts and $85 in prizes?
Not being greedy, just asking to clarify things in advance.
Oh another detail, will it be printed on the back of the t-shirt or the front, or both? Or would you rather have a main design on the back and small logo in the front by the heart?

Thanks in advance
Great questions. Feel free to submit multiple entries. If your entries get picked 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, then you’ll get all three prizes. The logo(s) may be printed on the front of back of the t-shirt depending on the design. Good luck!

dmetalmiki

A really fantastic idea. I would like also (and have been planning) placing a steel soldiers motif' or placard on the staff car for next year.
Reflecting (as one does..) I reckon I spend 1/8 of my "life" on the site..If not posting, then certainly perusing and reading comments tips 'warnings' and stories.
When you get ..*** ('on a bit'!), it becomes (for me anyway) A Home//lifestyle..pastime,.."comfort"..
Thank you all..
And surely the founder/s.
'Couldn't do..Wi' Out It..

Last edited:

99nouns

I was testing couple of things for t-shirt yesterday, and tried 3D lettering with tread plate but it did not look good on the shirt.

SS.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not an artist but a Tshirt wearer. Make shirts with a pocket. No pocket is underwear. Pocket makes it suitable for church.
Yes, pocket t shirts are very handy for the reading glasses, fuel receipts, tooth picks, etc. Small logo on the pocket, large logo on the back. I'll try to think up something.

mcv1964

What sizes are you thinking?

I may have lost 130 lbs but I still wear a 4x if they don't shrink.

a cotton blend or extra big sizes so they can shrink.

Just thoughts.

99nouns

Cotton doesnt shrink as it use to anymore, anything over large looks like feed bag on me. Maybe I am a small fella.

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk

99nouns

Ok here is the first design, I am not sure what color is the shirt but I wanted to pick a good color that resembles Green, Tan and Olive, and I am sure it looks different color on every other monitor so please use your imagination.

I custom made the Steel Soldiers font, I wanted to resemble sheets of steel welded together to make it, since all of out trucks are very boxy I thought boxy font would look nice, but there are more ideas coming, so dont think this is my only design.

I welcome critics as long as they are not dropped from a plane or coming out of a barrel. :deadhorse:
Please criticize my design whether the font, colors or size, it will make me better and I would like to thank you for your time in advance.

Simple Design 01.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks