• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International 7300 crew pickup on 20x10s with 46's

Upstate

Hello

I joined a few months ago before i started building this truck, as i knew i wanted these wheels to go on it and this forum kept popping up. I read around and saw threads about flipping wheels to get them to align as singles, and rolled the dice. Now i have front wheels that stick out 6" further on each side then my rear wheels. No one will make even a super spacer due to liability, which i can understand. - Bought as cab and chassis, shortened frame, rolled axle, built new frame to support bed, etc.

I called the wheel guy from WI and he has some that have 1.5" more/less offset, which would reduce it from 6" difference to 3" difference (1.5 in on front +1.5 out on rear) - this would require shipping new wheels, blasting, powder coating, mount balance, etc..

Questions for all of you - anyway to change out for a wider rear axle or narrow the front somehow ?
There a certain wheel or model i need to be looking specifically for to get this to work properly, or do i just have a monster truck that doesn't look as perfect as i'd like ?
Outside of rear tires sit 1-2" inside of rear fender flare.

I had to change out all of my lug studs to receive this stud piloted wheels, and now would look to get the rears to stick out a bit further somehow - open to suggestions.

IMG_3776[1].jpgIMG_3774[1].jpgIMG_3737[1].jpgIMG_3777[1].jpg

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What you have there are 2pc HEMTT wheels. They have a backspace of 8.9". And by flipping them, it moves the rear tire 5.66 inches outward (instead of the desired 11+ inches).

What I would do is try-on an FMTV wheel on your front hub. These are stud-centered as well and the bolt center is the same (10-on-11.25").
If this wheel fits and all brake- and steering components do clear fine, than that is the way to solve your issue. Because the FMTV wheels have a much taller backspace of 11.3" and installing them dished-out on the rear axle will move the tire about 4 inches further out, compared to the HEMTT wheel.
(Besides that, these FMTV wheels are much cheaper than what you have right now.)

Here you can see and compare the basic dimensions of both wheels: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...HEMTT-wheels&p=1078874&viewfull=1#post1078874

I know, you wanted 6". But given the overall dimensions of that beast, those remaining two inches on each side wouldn't really hurt, IMHO. Many, much smaller vehicles come from factory with almost that much of a difference.

Upstate

Appreciate the detailed response - i think when i saw these on another truck, the guy mistakenly said they were HEMTT wheels - where he must have had the "FMTV" wheels. Then i assumed from there and this bulldog site below. I see a lot of brand terms used as generic and its messing with me, such as budd wheels being a branded version of a wheel vs an exact size/style.
However i'm not sure what the bulldog fire truck people use, as they say HEMTT on their site as well ? (www.4x4firetruck.com)
Attached is what same seller sent me pics of - he's telling me these are offset 1.5" more, could it be they are the 2" or so you speak of and he just didn't measure exact ?

He is willing to send me these used wheels, and id have to blast and powder coat and swap out - but if my best option i may need to do just that if thats as close as im gonna get ?

**found your images on the other thread after starting this response - i see HEMTT at 8.89 Back space and FMTV at 11.25 Back space, i guess would just need to verify they are the ones in attached pics and hes not measuring correctly ?

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those wheels in your last pictures are known as 5-ton "combat" wheels and their BSp is 11.38", which is pretty close to what the FMTV wheels have. Same goes for all other dimensions and specs.

I blew up one of the very few pictures in that "Bulldog" site, showing the actual wheel of that truck... those are FMTV wheels, 100% confirmed!
Assuming that your axles and brakes are identical, you could very well use these 5-ton wheels, instead. (Although I'd prefer the 20-bolt wheels, if I had the choice... less weight and still stronger than needed, for your application)
FMTV wheel.JPG

Offset is the distance measured from the wheel's center-line to the wheel disc's mounting surface. The difference between HEMTT- and these 5-ton wheels is almost 2-1/2 inches. Not sure where that man gets those 1.5" from...?

BTW, in that website they are talking about 53" HEMTT tires; not HEMTT wheels...

Upstate

Ok great - on another note i can't see my own reply on this thread ? Until i saw your reply to this i didnt think my post had gone through...

I'll have him send me those other ones then, they aren't NOS but should do the job well enough. Misleading bulldog guy i guess, i dont care where the tires came from lol.

So will swap out my HEMTT wheels for Combat wheels and repost in a few weeks by time all said and done.

Floridianson - appreciate it man - figure i'll have a killer deal on these HEMTT wheels for sale once i mount the combats - hes gonna ship me the combats for free due to his mistake of knowing what truck they were going on. These were NOS sand blasted and power coated satin black.

Thanks for the detailed info !

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok great - on another note i can't see my own reply on this thread ? Until i saw your reply to this i didnt think my post had gone through...
Sorry, I had not noticed until now that your second post was on moderation. (Happens automatically when a new member posts a link/website/etc.)
Fixed it.

Edit: Please add your state in your profile/location. It's a rule!

(I had PMed you about it, already...)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks