• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 m35a1?

CHM

Sorry, yes the mushroom. I was wanting to put the snorkel on her and the exhaust that runs up beside it but to keep it as original as possible this one I do not believe should have the snorkel.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
The gas powered m35s didn’t have the intake going out the side like the multifuel trucks (except for the tall intake if it had the fording kit installed). Also the exhaust should exit by the passenger side tandems. If the truck was equipped for fording there would be a tall stack bolted on back there.

CHM

Ii was Looking at the pictures again and do not think she had one. I think the picture I saw was from the top and light was shining in through a gap in the hood and not a cutout for one. I like the way it looks so might add one to her later on but going to spend the money for now on time up sir pa k rebuild and anything else she needs then do the play add ons later.

CHM

I was considering seeing how it would look if I just bought the mushroom and had it come out and elbow up to just above the hood. Might look funny without the exhaust there as well.

CHM

I saw videos of her running and some of it being driven but was actually finally able to go and do a real good look and check out of her. Started up easily and really liked the way the REO sounded. The cab and windshield frame are really rusty but it comes with a good almost rust free spare of both. Front of the bed is pretty bad as well. It is all flat so I am sure that I can weld some new pieces in there to look better.

CHM

Memphis equipment has it listed as having them for $160 on their website but the carb kit link I received from cattlerepairman has them listed for $99. I have not checked into it much further than that as I do not have the truck home to get the tag numbers off of the carb.

*lawrence*

I was reading your reply and had a question not related to the thread. How much space, if any, is there between the transmission and the transfer case? Would a old fashioned brownie fit into the space? It would give the gasser overdrive and should help with the gas mileage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks