• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 alternator conversion

shannondeese

When I bought my A3 the generator was frozen up. I had the local electrical shop put together a 22si delco 24 volt alternator for me. It’s a one wire hook up. Has anyone else done this on the A3? I did it on my A2 but the wiring was different. If you have can you tell me how you wired it? Thanks.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If it's a brushless unit just one wire to the 24+ on the battery or at the starter if it's closer and a ground wire for the alternator if needed

Eliteweapons

Good Morning,
The wiring diagram is in tm9-2320-24-1-2 on page 750. Looks like wire #2 and 770n needs to be connected to the alternator output. Wire 770p needs to get connected to the ground wire already there. Cap wire 568. I have not done a 1 wire conversion on mine but this looks like what needs to be done. Maybe someone else has actually done it and can help.

I hope this helps.

Screenshot 2018-10-04 09.51.55.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I put a modern 1 wire 24v alt in my M725. Just run the large wire to the + output and cap the small one.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I bought my A3 the generator was frozen up. I had the local electrical shop put together a 22si delco 24 volt alternator for me. It’s a one wire hook up. Has anyone else done this on the A3? I did it on my A2 but the wiring was different. If you have can you tell me how you wired it? Thanks.
A good alternator shop should have been able to repair your old alternator. Probably just a bad bearing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks