• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Over Voltage issue on MEP-006

BelongerJ

[FONT="Georgia]Hi, we have a 60kw MEP-006 military generator built in 1982. When we start up, the over volt light comes on and shuts the generator down immediately. Looking for answers if anyone has one. Thanks[/FONT]

Guyfang

Staff member
Start the set. Hold the S1 start switch in the start position. Flip S7 up into the on position. Release S1. What happened. If it continues to run, mesure at 120 volt outlet. What do you get? Shut down the set. Report findings.

BelongerJ

Hi, before your reply we removed the watt converted behind the control panel. then started the unit and it ran fine. so we put the watt converter back in and it is working good. not sure what happened. If there is anything else we need to check please let us know. Thanks for your input.

Guyfang

Staff member
Its my experience that problems don't just go away. So I would test, test, test and test again. Start it up a few times a day for a week. Or what ever. It could have been just a problem with the relay. But you just don't know until you can see the problem again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks