• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Title Help Needed in SC.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey everyone, need some input/help on obtaining a title for my 1964 M35A2. I have owned the truck now for close to a year, its paid for & I paid the previous owner $325 to switch the title/paperwork over to me. To this day I still don't have it & I feel like the previous owner is still giving me the runaround about it. What can I do to get one?? I'll just pay whoever to get me one/paperwork, I need it for a cant insure my truck & drive it until I have that. I'm not going to call names, but the truck came from NC & I'm in SC. Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Just some info, interpret how you want.
If you have a bill of sale from the seller with all of the relevant information on it you that's all you would need to register it in VT. You do not have to be a VT resident to register a vehicle in VT either. Since VT does not require titles for trucks that old most every state will accept a VT registration in place of a title when a vehicle is sold there.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As long as the old owner holds the title in his name, he could claim that it is a stolen truck and the BOS is a fake, I would go see the old owner, tell him "title or money back NOW" then have your lawyer follow up as what can be done with the leo, In most states it is against the law to sell a vehicle but hold the title.

undysworld

Ditto what 73m819 said.

I think this is a really big deal. The title proves ownership. With you in possession of the truck but without a title, you could find yourself charged with vehicle theft. You don't need that kind of crap.

When I bought a truck out-of-state, the dealer held the title until my check cleared. To my knowledge, this is about the only reason you would not get the title when you pay for the vehicle. Even a bank lender will give you the title after you pay off the loan.

I agree that you should demand that the seller give you the title immediately, and engage an attorney if you don't get it.

Good luck.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you all for the info/help, I agree its serious & I also agree that I believe the seller doesn't have the title. I'm sending the seller a letter on Monday requesting the title asap, if he doesn't have to me within a few days I'm going to see my family attorney. I was contacted by a fellow member & he can get me one through his business. I'll keep you guys posted.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Unfortunately this is a out of state matter or the GA. MAFIA would intervene on your behalf.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm willing to bet that vehicle was bought thru GL or GP and the previous owner never did the SF-97(?) paperwork to get a title in his name....or he bought the truck without a title...or he stole the friggin thing. ALSO, you said "I paid the previous owner $325.00 to change the title/paperwork over to me". Does that mean the previous owner is a dealer....or did you know he didn't currently have a title right then and paid him to get one??

At any rate after a year he either can't get a title for some reason or he just has no intention of doing so....and neither is acceptable.

Since you said "He keeps giving me the run around" and it's been about a year, It's time for you to either get serious or just scrap the truck.

I know you probably trusted the guy to come thru with the title and even paid him to produce one but the fact remains....you accepted the truck and moved it to another state that requires a title, WITHOUT ONE. As a few have stated above, that COULD cause you all kinds of heartaches!

If the previous owner is a member of SS I recommend you tactfully name him right here in this thread and notify him that you've done so for two reasons. First, he will know that you are serious and plan to bring this issue to and end and SECOND, it will give him an opportunity to give his side of the story....YES, THERE ARE ALWAYS TWO SIDES.

ALSO.....Send that certified letter informing him that you intend to begin legal proceedings and follow thru.

I would advise having an attorney licensed to practice in NC. to DEMAND the feller produce a title within 90 days OR return your full purchase price along with any attorney fees, court/admin fees and any other costs related to your transaction.

If the individual is an active member of SS, send him a PM and ask him to read this thread.

Last edited:

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish he was a member on here, but he's not. I'm sending him a letter certified letter tomorrow & **** have to sign for it. I have all my paperwork/singed contract from where I bought it him, all the paperwork where I had it picked up & delivered and all of our conversations on Facebook message, email & texts. Hoping to have this resolved soon & without anymore drama. I have invested so much time, effort & funds into this truck & cant let her go, plus the fact that my dad loves it too. Again thanks to all of you for the help, will post updates soon!

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As MUCH as you ALL love this truck, title or money back may be your ONLY way out of this mess.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks