• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 Charging problems / no air pressure.

Bennett53

Good Morning all,

So first post here and i have really been enjoying all the info that has been collected in the forums i have already learned so much about my recent acquisition.

So here is my problem i was gifted the farms old M211 as it has been retired from the water truck duties and been placed into retirement. It has been sitting for awhile now but to the two main problems. First i can not get the truck to build any air pressure what soever i can add air into the system via an adapter and cant find any leaks, so im not really sure where to go next? The second problem that has plagued the truck for the last few years of its life was that the charging system fails to charge. Im no expert on 24v systems i replaced the generator with a new used one and had no improvement. So also not sure where to go with these two issues? Any advice or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Trying to save the old girl from ending up parted out/scrapped.

Also I would like to move the girl home however shes not in driving condition. My father in law discussed loading her on our Heavy duty goose neck ratted at 18,100k connected to a 1ton dually so thoughts on that as well.

Thanks again have a great weekend everyone.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. Quite a few knowledgeable GMC owners here, I will chime in. If replacing the generator did not fix the charging system, then the only thing else if could be is the regulator. On the compressed air, if the belt is there and the compressor is spinning, maybe the unloader is stuck in the unload position. The unloader is perched on top of the compressor, and disables the compressor valves when no air is needed. Remove the cover and check that the mechanism is able to move inside.

USMC 00-08

Welcome to the forum!

Here is a video on Youtube showing the air compressor governor. Maybe you can compare it to what yours is doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMz1Bj3uaAk

You might try this out of Bob Kettler's Tech Tips for your generator.

20181006_102827.jpg20181006_102845.jpg

Here is where you can download some of the TM's for your truck. It should help you troubleshoot a lot of things. TM9-8024 will probably be the most helpful for you.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?119880-M135-amp-M211-TM-s

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?106483-More-M135-TM-s

This is how one of my trucks was hauled 400 miles to my new home. We had no problems.

100_2804.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks