• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgrade to C7 issued by CAT..... not recall butt?

coachgeo

just saw this on Exped. Portal. The poster has career experience with large truck's so it's possibly not a random internet "truth with no validity"

Exped. portal said:
Just as an FYI for anyone with a C7 there is an upgrade to the HEUI system that includes another oil filter. May pay to check with Caterpillar regarding a retro fit. They don’t release something like this for a mothballed engine for no reason.

snowtrac nome

its an upgrade that can and should be added to all c-7's it comes as a kit even if your sn isn't covered if you had to replace 1 hui pump and a set of injectors I bet you would add the filter than.

deleted user 89485

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have your dealer look under CAT Special Instruction M0068178 and Media News M0081390. The kit that includes a new HEUI pump as well as the new replaceable, in-line filter is 20R6642. I don’t have the part number for just the filter kit. Perhaps someone else can expand on this.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks