• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 003A, Engine Runs, But No Generator Output

Floydla1

All, I do agree that the flashing circuit is still suspect. I will note that when I applied the 9V to the genset the digital gages lit up allowing me to see that the frequency was not 60 (engine speed below 1800). Adjusting to proper rpm may be a factor.

NOW, who has a recommendation for INEXPENSIVE acoustic material? The thing makes the devil's own noise. My next project is to build some noise barrier panels to surround the thing. :)

Floydla1

Guyfang, Yes, but . . . I am thinking about 4'x8' panels sided with acoustic foam (rigid or otherwise) that is located between the genset and where people are (50' - 100' away). After reviewing the ASK threads, while ASK is probably the most effective noise reduction technique: 1) the panels make genset maintenance less fun, 2) rodents like the acoustic material, 3) ASK, if available, if probably more than I want to pay. Does anyone have experience using a thick cloth like canvas?

Chainbreaker

Also, what do you have the genset sitting on? As a start, placing these gensets on a 3/4" Horse Stall Mat will absorb some of the sound and vibrations, local feed stores normally sell them for around $35. It will tone it down a bit especially if the generator's skid is sitting directly on something hard (concrete, deck, trailer bed, etc.). You could possibly use them to line a 4' x 8' piece of 3/4" plywood but these rubber horse stall mats are EXTREMELY HEAVY. You could go online, or to a local car audio shop, and see what sound absorption material they might have that can be used outside.

Last edited:

Floydla1

Hello Chainbreaker. Sorry for delayed response. I have family in Panama City, FL and am busy helping with hurricane relief. The horse mat is the perfect solution as a vibration isolation between the genset and the trailer I am mounting it on. Tractor Supply sells the 3/4" thick ones for about $40. Thanks for the suggestion!

USAMilRet

Hello Chainbreaker. Sorry for delayed response. I have family in Panama City, FL and am busy helping with hurricane relief. The horse mat is the perfect solution as a vibration isolation between the genset and the trailer I am mounting it on. Tractor Supply sells the 3/4" thick ones for about $40. Thanks for the suggestion!
I hope your family is safe. Panama City ... I would not have wanted to be there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks