• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078A1 -10 Technical Manual

deleted user 89485

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to my old unit today and was lucky enough to have one of the mechanics put the -10 Manual on a disc for me. It is over 1500 pages. I think it is too big for email. Any suggestions on how I can make it available to the A1 guys?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are THE BEST! See if you can upload it to the TM section of this site. I will buy a copy if you burn it on a CD or memory stick. Try to get the other -20 as well.

deleted user 89485

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be going back at the end of the month. I will be getting every document I can. I am on my iPad right now but I will try to upload it this weekend.

deleted user 89485

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The soldiers are very frustrated that they can’t get a hard copy either. They have to access it from the computer that rolls around on a cart. They could print them up but the manuals are too big and would exceed their budget for ink and paper.

coachgeo

The soldiers are very frustrated that they can’t get a hard copy either. They have to access it from the computer that rolls around on a cart. They could print them up but the manuals are too big and would exceed their budget for ink and paper.
The A0 manuals are thousands of pages too.

BUTTT.... for the A1...... is it just a manual??? was under the impression it was actually more than that...... as in it is "software" as well. If so need to know what Operating system it runs on..... windows XP i suspect. Diagnostic Software where you input diagnostic results and software automatically sends you to the correct page(s) of manual to review.. where you then answer another set of diagnostic questions... where that then takes that input and either sends you off to another page of diagnostic questions or to pages of what and how to carry out a particular solution (AKA - branching software..... a simple AI you might say)

deleted user 89485

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When they went to the A1 with C7 engine the TM was then accessed through the diagnostic software. The manual I have was pulled from that program and is a PDF. You do not need the software to access it. The A0 version is a regular printed TM or pdf.

coachgeo

When they went to the A1 with C7 engine the TM was then accessed through the diagnostic software. The manual I have was pulled from that program and is a PDF. You do not need the software to access it. The A0 version is a regular printed TM or pdf.
makes since that both the A0 and A1 both incompass thousands of pages.

interesting they were able to pull the A1 text out of its software. That will certainly help a ton of people. Hope someone has the ability to split it up into some logical manner so it can end up in the archives here.

scottmandu

The A1 "Manual" is in IETM format. IETM meaning Interactive Electronic Technical manual. It includes parts, service, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures. It is also serial number based.

scottmandu

About the only thing of major difference between the A0, A1, and A1R is the electrical system. Axles, frame, body, driveshafts, cooling, suspension, and steering are for the most part the same.

deleted user 89485

Steel Soldiers Supporter
“for the most part” just isn’t good enough for me when you are looking for part numbers and specifications. Many cab, engine, transmission, electrical and upgraded parts differences.

coachgeo

when you get these or part of these..... I really really could use the breakdown of the rear axle for the A1(R?) M1078's and similar that are NOT 6x6 yet have the power divider (High Pinion?) type axle. Need to see what differences are in these A1 high pinion rear axle compared to the A0 6x6 intermediate (power divider/high pinion) rear axle. Ourwardly they look the same apparently (beside spring perches) but internally they may be different.

Have got the A0 6x6 TM to compare with just need the right A1's ones.

Last edited:

deleted user 89485

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was side tracked due to the issues I had this weekend with my trial run of the truck. I have drill this coming weekend so while I am at the unit I will attempt to upload the manual. It is around 1500 pages. I will try and separate it into smaller files to get it loaded in the TM section here. I will post when I have completed it for you guys. Thanks.

coachgeo

I was side tracked due to the issues I had this weekend with my trial run of the truck. I have drill this coming weekend so while I am at the unit I will attempt to upload the manual. It is around 1500 pages. I will try and separate it into smaller files to get it loaded in the TM section here. I will post when I have completed it for you guys. Thanks.
suspect you will find that each section/chapters/folder.... however it is done... is 1500 pages. you may even find that the images, drawings etc. are held in separate folder but hope note. Example..... each A0 TM is close to 1500 pages. some are larger.

deleted user 89485

Steel Soldiers Supporter
UPDATE: 22OCT2018

i was given a disc by the motor pool guys. It has all the files on it for the manuals. They also gave me a copy of the EMS NG viewer program that you need to view the documents. The problem is that the setup.exe file must be corrupt as I get a message that Setup can’t access the initialization file. I have tried on two different computers. It sucks knowing you have all the data but can’t read it. I will be going back to the unit tomorrow morning and getting the guys to log onto AKO with my computer and download it directly. Worst case I will get a printer and hook up to their computer and print it out, take it home and scan it into PDF for distribution to the TM section here on SS.

coachgeo

some level of copyright issues or some level of military "classified" issue might cause things to stop moving forward any further. Least for a while longer.

Last edited:

Third From Texas

Best I can tell, the viewer just makes all the links to images and tables function. The data should appear as .pdf format (the .xml links are propagated by the viewer).

So have you looked at the data to see if the .pdfs and images can be accessed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks