• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078A1 -10 Technical Manual

Waters

is there still a way to get the TMs? I think i reached out to mototech months ago to no avail. I did download the electrical schematics posted here on page 4.

very much looking for the 24p parts manual, as the old A0 one has many outdated PNs.

I just pulled my 3126 for a flexplate bolt issue, and had to use A0 manuals. Tracking down various CAT and Allison factory bolts was hit or miss.

i know future parts issues will arise, be nice to have the manuals!

coachgeo

is there still a way to get the TMs? I think i reached out to mototech months ago to no avail. I did download the electrical schematics posted here on page 4.

very much looking for the 24p parts manual, as the old A0 one has many outdated PNs.

I just pulled my 3126 for a flexplate bolt issue, and had to use A0 manuals. Tracking down various CAT and Allison factory bolts was hit or miss.

i know future parts issues will arise, be nice to have the manuals!
So far there is still no way to get A1 manuals besides the 10 and the electric that showed up

Third From Texas

So far there is still no way to get A1 manuals besides the 10 and the electric that showed up
Hmmm

I thought that one (the one that I have that I got from him) was public.

In any event "no way" is pretty much subjective.

If it's not illegal to redistribute, then I can't agree.

And even if it is illegal, people here have it...

So exactly what is the hesitation? Where do we confirm that it's not an issue to redistribute?

Can it be uploaded here ?

:)

coachgeo

Hmmm

So exactly what is the hesitation? Where do we confirm that it's not an issue to redistribute?

it is far as I know NOT illegal to publish the TM's..... BUT the software that contains it, is illegal to share...... thus the problem of getting at the actual files. aka.. a non illegal to share thing.... that is housed inside and illegal to share thing. sooooooo anyone that has a part of it is hesitant to share it cause.... it opens can of worms... aka "how did you get it?? "did you or who? pull it from software... you know that software is illegal to share "blah blah blah.. etc etc."

coachgeo

Hmmm

yep-ish... he distributed it with an old version of the reader software that could read a file that had the TM in it. That reader was legal... but it was still murky / questionable if what the "reader software " he distributed was opening.... that has the TM inside ; was legal or not software ....

so he stopped distributing it. that and a ton of people could not get the reader software to work anyway so they never could get access and him being not a computer nerd...... he gave up trying to help folk was another reason he stopped.

That and if I recall right. what he had did NOT have C7 in it anyway..... nor the ABS brake stuff so it really was no help after all

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm

The -10 is unclassified, with exception to foreigners (NOFORN) and available in PDF: link

The issue is the -20 and -34 don't exist in pdf and are in essence combined. The EMS NG program is the reader and isn't legal for distribution to the public. It gets a little more complicated from there as the PS magazine issues covered a break in software changes so not all EMS programs can read all vehicle files. All in all it's janky and not friendly for export to PDF or etc to share. Luckily most components are the same from the A0 trucks, but knowing our A1s, the issue lie in the portion not covered.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to be wrong about the above as it would make life easier for everyone, but coachgeo is correct in his post.

Third From Texas

The issue is the -20 and -34 don't exist in pdf and are in essence combined.
The 20 and 34 parts that I have in folders are in fact .pdf.

Yes, the reader does lot's of cool stuff, but in the end it's just a pdf reader.

I have never installed the software or the included reader. Yet I have full access to the pdfs and can open them on my PC with Adobe's free reader. Adobe even lets me search the embeded links.

There are four folders, each with a pdf subfolder. Four of the pdf folders are 632mb and one is 502mb.

I know moto was selling the pdfs and towards the end I swear I thought he offered them for free.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Yes, the reader does lot's of cool stuff, but in the end it's just a pdf reader.

I have never installed the software or the included reader. Yet I have full access to the pdfs and can open them on my PC with Adobe's free reader. Adobe even lets me search the embeded links.

There are four folders, each with a pdf subfolder. Four of the pdf folders are 632mb and one is 502mb.

I know moto was selling the pdfs and towards the end I swear I thought he offered them for free.
So the structure is the important part... That way each PDF has a reference forward or back - up and down the directory tree - without getting lost. Pretty neat and the ../ or ..\ depending on how the reader is written.

Third From Texas

So the structure is the important part... That way each PDF has a reference forward or back - up and down the directory tree - without getting lost. Pretty neat and the ../ or ..\ depending on how the reader is written.
Yeah, I get that.

I'm simply saying that the info is there in pdf form. It's searchable. And no different than thumbing thru a print copy.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter

My question is do they cover the A1 trucks with the 3126 or trucks post 2005 with the C7. Everything with the earlier models is published in pdf as I a have those too. The C7 stuff is only on EMS as far as I know besides the wire schematic as I scanned that.

Third From Texas

My question is do they cover the A1 trucks with the 3126 or trucks post 2005 with the C7. Everything with the earlier models is published in pdf as I a have those too. The C7 stuff is only on EMS as far as I know besides the wire schematic as I scanned that.
A1 only (and I have an A1R). So yeah, sounds like you have what's useful in it.

But it has a smattering of C7 info. Not much about the C7 (very few A1's ever saw the C7), but it does show stuff like the A1 dash, etc and makes a few references. Honestly, I've found the TM to be of little value to me over the 10 (again, because I have an '08truck.

I suspect the if you want to get the A1R or C7 info on EMS you would need to ask the Taliban now. ;p

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A1 only (and I have an A1R). So yeah, sounds like you have what's useful in it.

But it has a smattering of C7 info. Not much about the C7 (very few A1's ever saw the C7), but it does show stuff like the A1 dash, etc and makes a few references. Honestly, I've found the TM to be of little value to me over the 10 (again, because I have an '08truck.

I suspect the if you want to get the A1R or C7 info on EMS you would need to ask the Taliban now. ;p
Haha, sadly true. I've got an 07' A1R and 08' A1R as well but lack the "special adapter" that allows EMS to diagnose issues directly. Since EMS is interactive and plays like a choose your own adventure when it comes to diagnostics it will also stop diagnostics until you hook it up to a truck limiting it's usefulness. KISS method Army! Stick with it!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks