• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

towing a lmtv

mogger7

what is the issue with flat towing any distance the one i bought in texas is at a residance and a tractor trailer cant get into location and its a couple miles to a large parking lot

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can flat tow as long as you stay close to 35mph.
Towed mine 65 miles back roads.
Didn't pull anything and haven't had any problems with truck after fixing it.

sandcobra164

I tow these in the National Guard sometimes. If I'm taking a broke truck from the field to post (under 15 miles) I don't pull the driveshaft and keep my speeds low. I check the truck afterwards and have not noticed a hot transmission or transfer case. If we're going long distance I pull the rear shaft and raise the front end with my wrecker's underlift.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The trans is designed so the fluid pump is driven off the output and as long as there is fluid in the trans it will circulate while being towed. But I wouldnt go on the highway or anything crazy.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The -10 gives the towing specs, there is a max distance and max speed, ANYTHING over these maxs require the drive lines/rear axle pulled .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks