• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP002A Voltage Gauge Showing Voltage But Not Output at the plugs

m32825

I had a problem with my voltage adjustment not going high enough. I turned everything off and rotated the knob through the full range a few dozen times. Worked fine after that.

-- Carl

mitchsc0tt0

Yeah tried that no luck the voltage regulator switch does nothing at all even after rotating it 50 times. Could my voltage regulator be bad and if so how do I test it?

Thanks!

Mitch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Chainbreaker

Your going to have to spend some time troubleshooting via the TM. I had a similar problem where a winding lead on Transformer T2 (Located in Control Box) had vibrated loose and my voltage shot high...something like 160 VAC. Apparently due to vibration over time and the craft paper, used to wrap the windings of that transformer, had deteriorated and an internal transformer lead broke off a solder tab where a wire harness terminal screws to that transformer. Was hard to see but there were arching marks where the small transformer winding wire was once attached to that lead on transformer. So check that transformer in your control box to make sure there is no signs of arcing or loose wires on the T2 transformer tabs. There is also the transformer within the AC reconnection box that could also be the culprit. There is a procedure where you can test resistance of that particular transformer with an Ohm meter with the generator shut down. A member here "TripleJim" might be of some help in troubleshooting. He also makes a high quality aftermarket Voltage regulator replacement PCB board if it were to turn out to be the VR board.

Last edited:

mitchsc0tt0

Hey all so I am leaning toward it being the vr board disconnected t17 wire and voltage stayed at the same its been... Anyone know where / how to repair the VR board. Also how do I test the transformers?

Thanks again!

Mitch

Ray70

I just did a VR board in one of these machines that had the same issue, 160V / 320V and no response from the voltage adjust knob.
ended up replacing the 2 smaller transistors and a slightly burnt looking resistor, now it works perfectly.
I got the parts on ebay fairly cheap, maybe $25 total and bought multiples of each for spares.
Pull the VR out and take a good look at it. if nothing looks burnt or discolored, just replace all 3 transistors ( easier to just change them all instead of guessing )

mitchsc0tt0

Hey all so quick updates new VR board from lakeland did the trick thanks!

@Ray for the fun of it I kind of want to try repairing the old board could you tell me what the replacement parts were on ebay?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks