• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air valves

Jgreg49

They are for trailer air brakes. Your emergency side fills the tanks on the trailer and the service side provides the signals for the trailer brakes to engage. You can also use the emergency side gladhand to use small tools. Like a tire chuck, air blower, small impact wrench.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jgreg49

Someone may have removed the gladhand. Do you have a picture? I will take a picture of mine shortly

Jgreg49

Here is the emergency side. Service side will look similar but is blue. The piece sticking out towards the rear is the gladhand. The other picture is the fitting on the ball valve behind the plate.

exoilfld

What i have is just like your picture. The air line is attached to the valve but nothing else. I have a picture but have no idea how to attach them. I am puter challenged.

Jgreg49

The other ends are on the trailer. I went to my local trucker supply store and got an air line kit and put an air tool quick connect on it.

Jgreg49

As far as uploading a picture from a PC I'm not sure on.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The glad hands are a standard truck supply item (that is probably why they went AWOL on your truck). Just get a pair at any truck stop and screw them in.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No need for anything on the air outlets(after the valves).

exoilfld

I took more pictures but have not been able to attach them. Basically, the glad-hand has an elbow screwed into the back that goes into a ball valve then into the air line. There must be some connections between the glad-hand and the air line that are not on my truck.

Attachments

Jgreg49

Have you looked inside the frame rail? They might be hard to track down. Maybe someone cut the line or its plugged

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks