• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

air valves

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hah. That's interesting. In all my years here I've never uploaded images that way. I never paid attention to that "Insert Image" toolbar icon. That's a might shorter way than "Go Advanced" -> "Manage Attachments".

Update:
Moved my more complicated method instructions here:

To attach images/pdf's etc to your post do the following:

In the reply or new post that you're typing:
  1. Click the button in the bottom right "Go Advanced".
  2. From the Advanced view, scroll down past the text entry box (ie: "Your Message") and you'll see another button "Manage Attachments".
  3. Click "Manage Attachments" to open a new window (or tab, depending on your web browser configuration).
  4. In the top right of the new "Manage Attachments" window, click "Add Files".
  5. In the "Add Files" window click "Select Files" and then navigate the folders on your computer and select the images you want to upload (Max 10 at a time, max 20 per post. I suggest images of .JPG, .GIF, or .PNG file format).
  6. Once you have the files selected click the button "Upload Files". The files/images will be uploaded and then placed in the bottom of the "Manage Attachments" window. Any files in the bottom of that window, or "Attachments" will be attached to your forum post.
  7. When you're done uploading attachments, click "Done" in the bottom right. This will close the "Manage Attachments" window and return you to "Your Message" in the Advanced view. The files names will also be listed below "Your Message" to show you that they really are attached.
  8. When you're done typing "Your Message" click "Submit Reply" (or "Submit New Thread" if you're creating a whole new thread) and then everyone will be able to see your pictures after your text.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks