• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help reducing the easter egg hunt on speedometer issue

gstirling

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have M936, speedo will work for a bit and drop to zero, then reengage for a bit, then drop out, finally pulled out gauge panel to solve this and another issue, unhooked the cable from the gauge - unhooked the other end out of the transfer case. pulled each end, the cable does not appear broken, both ends look good (not rounded out). the transfer case end is leaking oil - very little but is wet on outside of speedo gear drive, also the rubber gasket on the cable flare is shot. I have greased the fitting a few times.

so question is what is the next step to figure out, is it a bad gauge or a bad gear housing or what not? need advice before I take off the gear drive at the case end (not overly sure what to look for other than a broken gear), or get a second speedo???

thanks for any advice.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hook it back to the speedometer side and hook the other end in a drill and spin it. Have someone watch the speedo and see if has any fall off on speed when you can keep it as a good speed on the drill. Would be it's the speedo itself tho

gstirling

Steel Soldiers Supporter
simp5782 - ok did that - my battery drill will only spin the gauge to 20 mph, ran it for about 10 min, worked fine. will run the truck (once I get the front PM finished) and see if its really working or 20 is just not fast enough to get it to fail.
thanks

dmetalmiki

If they ingress dirty oil or dirt that causes it.
A strip down and clean does the trick. Getting them apart needs care though.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks