• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Prepping Deuce for paint

russojap

This is a dumb question I guess, but do you guys think I should dress up the terrible looking welds on the bed sides and the cab under the doors? They didn't even scrape the weld spatter off... terrible workmanship.

It's also too late now but I am concerned about the paint dust getting all in the yard. I assume it will just filter down into the ground after a rain or two. Thanks.

IMG_20181020_174839.jpg

IMG_20181020_174857.jpg

IMG_20181020_175017.jpg

IMG_20181020_174939.jpg

IMG_20181020_175030.jpg

Last edited:

RickWG

Ok so here is a quick update. The coal slag does seem to work removing rust but isn't very good at removing paint. But my compressor is also only a 25gal. one with a regulator or whatever the part that kicks it on not working correctly. Also I can only operate the gun a few seconds before water starts spraying out ,so will have to add an inline filter I guess.
The air coming from the comp needs to cool down before it gets to the water separator. 50ft of hose will help with that (50ft of copper pipe is perfect, but spendy). Also need to drain the comp water doodad on the bottom of the tank quite often. So Compressor > 50ft hose > water separator > hose to blaster. & get a proper water separator like a Sharpe 606 etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks