• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vintage Air AC Controls

LT67

The 86 M1008 I recently bought has a Vintage Air AC kit on it. Once I got the truck home and running, I discovered the air controls for the heater and defroster were never hooked up. If anyone here has the kit, were the controls behind the dash any different than a factory set up? I need to get the defrost and heat fixed before winter hits....

kyleJ

Ignore: I believe that my new M1009 has that same kit on it, and if so, the controls behind the dash were identical to a factory set-up.

Edit: Found that the PO police dept. hacked a civvy A/C into my M1009, so this isn't relevant.

Last edited:

muddobber40

The Vintage Air kits are all electronic for the GM trucks. You can go to their website and get the installation manuals. May be as simple as a wire not hooked up

LT67

The Vintage Air kits are all electronic for the GM trucks. You can go to their website and get the installation manuals. May be as simple as a wire not hooked up
Thx, I'll look into it...

Meanwhile, today I discovered the 86 has had the 12V conversion...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks