• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plz Help with info about this Trailer (Laundry???)

LandofCheese

Hello everyone,
It appears that my google fu has failed me, as I can not seem to find any info on this trailer.

It's a heavy duty trailer and looks like it was a Gen Set trailer but i'm not sure, has leveling legs and 2 working leveling bubbles.
The stuff about laundry(did it supply power to washers/dryers)??? If anyone can shed some light on this trailer for me I would really appreciate it!

20181011_080011.jpg20181011_080001.jpg20181011_080157.jpg20181011_080032.jpg20181011_080232.jpg20181011_080040.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. Yes that trailer used to have a large washer and dryer extractor mounted on it. There is a picture of the complete unit in TM9-2800 Standard Military Vehicles, 1947 edition.. Then, just like now, people would scrap the washing equipment to get the trailer. I had one identical to yours, but sold it, as it is kinda useless.

dmetalmiki

Quite a usefull trailer that.
The Laundry unit (Type) look like used by new Zealand / Australian forces circa 1943-1950. But the pintle is different and they did not have 'square' box like mudguards.
That one (Yours?) has square mudguards.
The U.S. trailers (I believe) Had round mudguards.
They were amazing bits of kit. (With).. A Generator, Heater, Washing machines (usually 2).
(With) Built in dryers. They had canvass tarp type coverings.

LandofCheese

thank you for the info!

My plan for the trailer is to use it with an IBC tote and a water pump. I Need a mobile water source and I can't find anything in the civi work worth a darn.

Any idea of the weight rating? the leaf pack makes it seem pretty stout!

I currently have 2 M101 trailers as well, I've caught the bug, i can't stop, I'm just upset i can't find a CUCV for a decent price anymore, I waited TOO long! >_<

dmetalmiki

It will tote an IBC and kit without fuss. (and) ANY Ex Military stuff is worth preserving.
'The trailer "sighed" with relief ..IT! found YOU'. Good luck.

fasttruck

Newer laundry units can be found mounted on the M1061 trailer. I moved one for a customer who wanted it solely for the water pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks