• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hoarders Deuce

71DeuceAK

For those of you who watch A&E's "Hoarding: Buried Alive" in November there should be an episode airing about a house in Fairbanks, Alaska, with hundreds of vehicles in the yard. It's a local landmark I literally used to refer to, as I live maybe a mile from it: "The house on Farmer's Loop Road with 400 dead cars in the yard".

Recently, "Hoarders" filmed a 2 hour episode on it and cleaned up a bunch of it. Mostly non vehiclular stuff.

With that and passing by it hundreds of times and the leaves falling off, I spotted what's definitely at least the cab of a Deuce (or maybe 809 or 39 series 5 ton). It could be more, but behind other vehicles and junk I can't tell if it's just a complete cab or a complete truck.

I'm having the insane of idea of trying to maybe talk to the guy and rescue this thing. The Borough has started to crack down on the "illegal junkyards" (Read: people who are efficient packrats) so I suspect in a couple years this place will be scrapped.

Let's hear the absolute worst case scenarios for rescuing a Deuce and what people have gone through to bring one back, besides the obvious "Don't do it".

Can't be seen behind bushes but on Google Street View here's the place, I zoomed in: https://www.google.com/maps/@64.881...=203&h=100&yaw=46.635296&pitch=0&thumbfov=100

D6T

Wow. There was a similar place on Prospect Street in West Boylston, MA, about 20 years ago. Deuces, MBs, M37s, all over at least four acres. Bunch of shelters too. I never knew who owned the land until it was way too late to contact them. Some of the stuff ended up on another farm on route 110 in that town, but I wonder what happened to the rest.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
69°52'53.24"N
147°47'55.11"W

Someone has to send the drone as google earth 2016 view is almost worthless.
Also address of Prospect street and on Route 110 would be helpful

D6T

Also address of Prospect street and on Route 110 would be helpful
I have no idea if any single military vehicle or part is remaining on any of the properties, but the Prospect Street locations were (using Google Street View) #378 (shelter backs and deuces) and #265 (all other vehicles). It appears that all that remains of 265 is a dirt driveway and some machinery, with the house and outbuildings all gone. I can guarantee that would be a dream location for a metal detector, however!!! There's no way everything that was there was cleaned up.

The place that some of the vehicles and at least two shelters went is Woodgate Farm, on Lancaster Street/Route 110. It appears to still exist, but I can't make out any of the military vehicles anymore on Google. They were behind and beside the long barn nearest the road (long building parallel to the road). I dated a girl who rode horses there and absolutely hated how the owner neglected everything and didn't care when people made offers to buy, even some of the mechanically-inclined employees there.

71DeuceAK

I've typed out a letter I'll stick in the mail to the address introducing myself and expressing interest. My biggest assumptions are that it lacks a title and it's in nonrunning condition, but we'll see. Worst case, it's a good parts truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks