• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Posible fuel leak or overflow?

Thanks for coming back to post your finding the problem! It really helps others in the future when people come back and post what the solution was to their problem (it can help show a trend, which in this case the well nut is already known to be). Often times OP's seem to spend a lot of time in a thread picking brains on what the problem might be and never come back to close the loop and the thread is left dangling with no solution.
So I went ahead and did the well nut replacement are used the metal replacement not plastic thank you callmecolt from YouTube this one was not easy I actually had to go in on the motor side remove the primary fuel pump fan shroud and unbolt the gusset that is holding the gas tank down just so I could swing it out-of-the-way for the fuel tee to swing tight took me an extra few minutes I don’t want to take the tank out
I also had a problem landing the Bulkhead fitting through the tank I had to use the angled side of the amp probe wire
Chainbreaker
Guy
Light
Thank you for your help

[

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

While you are in the area...

Check out your fuel fill collar. When people fill up the fuel tank to just about running out, it can leak from a deteriorated rubber.

So a full tank can leak from a weak upper tank well nut (fuel return line back to tank) and from the fuel fill collar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks