• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO on a 1986 Unimog.

Unimog86

The PTO was left engaged by the last user. The Unimog won’t start with the PTO enguaged. I have tried to disengage it, but the lever stops prior to disengagement. Is there a way to bypass this safety feature? Or is there a way to actually disengage the PTO with the engine off.
The PTO lever slides back and forth easy enough, but the engagement light stays on. When I push the start button volts go from 28 to 24. Nothing else.

Migginsbros

Which model is your Unimog.
We can start our 1987 UNIMOG SEE with PTO engaged.
But always you must press the clutch pedal. There is a security switch circuit.
Perhaps your problem is another one. Check the good connection on the starter solenoid.

dmetalmiki

Much like modern cars, (as mentioned) It is probably the safety issue. Depress the clutch.
Also check the adjustment of the selector lever before bypassing things.

Unimog86

Ok good to know. Thanks. It might be a bad Starter. The start solenoid got hot today, so I’m taking out the starter to have it checked.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks