• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

steering specs in TM

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I asked some of the local reserve guys they said they do it with a tape measure. Front wheels even spacing back and front of the wheels.

319cssb

I think I've seen it in the TM somewhere, but can't find anymore. maybe it was in the HMMWV TM's
Thought it was 0 toe, but not sure anymore

wandering neurons

0 to 1/8" toe-in (0 to slightly pigeon-toed). Army has a tool for the job but I measured from inside of each tire at 23" up from ground, front and rear. I marked the spot on the inside of each tire then measured using an old carpenter's rule, then checked with a regular tape measure.
TM 9-2320-365-20-3, section 13-5

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I got mine close with a tape measure and some string. I would like to find a place to do a real alignment but the tires dont fit on the semi truck alignment machine.

wandering neurons

Mine had about 3" toe in, to go with improperly shimmed king pins on the axles, and a damaged/worn steering box overstressed by the king pins binding. Now drives like a dream! Thanks Suprman for the steering box!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks