• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2018 - October VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those who care to know the back story on how AMi came to be in our stables.

She was never intended to be, we had a more than capable 5T that would pull a tanker just fine. We were returning from a car show and someone else was not paying attention, 5T died a glorious death to protect its passengers (she even drove us home) Here is the thread

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...got-rear-ended

So insurance ponied up, watched all the auctions and happened across a 916, very little info, few pictures, but looked fair. We bid and got it. All she needed was a set of batteries an all the wires connected correctly on the batteries. Fired right up in 20*F after not being ran for unknown time. So a fresh 2006 RRAD with 368 miles in route to Oklahoma.

IMG_1915.jpg

When she got home she got sized up to a W900 Kenworth, yep she looks down on everyone she meets.

[url]https://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=741698&d=1513824773&thumb=1

[/URL]

Her and her new best friend a M970 got married up, all fueled and filled and ready to go.

IMG_2073.jpg

Work lights got installed

IMG_2182.jpg

First fire to pump water for.

IMG_2214.jpg

2nd fire

IMG_2236.jpg

Now hopefully Ami will only be used for fun to fill the pool and water the dirt road in front of the house but she will always be on duty for the next fire.

IMG_2352.jpgIMG_2151.jpg

Or maybe an airshow or carshow.

IMG_2697a.jpgIMG_2699 (7)a.jpg

Last edited:

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello!

As always a difficult choice, as they are all beautiful vehicles.

If I could, I'd vote for the steam locomotive, very much beautiful.

I also like the Dodge from Ferroequinologist, a friend also has one, just the predecessor from World War II. He has a nice six-cylinder Flathead engine.

Since I like the American tank trucks very well, this time 155mm gets my vote.

Greetings from Germany,

Holgi
If you ever make a trip over the pond, stop by, we can go play.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fight for third place is interesting; three MVs tied. If it stays like this, it will be an for an overfull podium!

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very tough voting this month. 155mmgot my vote this month. A very nice rig indeed.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
I have to say that Tanker Combo of 155mm has to be one versatile piece of equipment.
And to be the Driver and then have a Shotgun Man for Backup, well a lot there to get Wet about.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I meant to get back on here and post some stuff about my M37, but just have been so busy.

Built 5/5/54, Used until 1962 by the US Army, then transferred to Edgefield County Civil Defense in SC. Used there until the CD unit was disbanded, then transferred to the County Emergency Services. Used until 1982, then the brakes went out, and they shoved her in a pole barn. Fast forward to 2013, and my bestest buddy JP (EMD567) finds here on Govdeals, 20mins from his house. Two weeks after we make a road trip to VA to get an M37 he bought... So I bid on it while in the back pews at a friends wedding. Last minute bidding, I won. It was later revealed I won it by $0.01. No joke, ask JP. He tows it to his place, a little marvel mystery oil in the sparkplug holes, free the engine up, fresh fluids, and besides no brakes, drove her around the rest of the day after sitting for 30 or so years. Still a great runner to this day. A couple of years ago I left her in the very capable hands of the master himself, Zout. Who put a Navy paint job on her and did amazing work.

I love the old girl and have taken her to many cool places (hence the pic with the Mighty J 611)

https://youtu.be/-5bRAi24AMw?list=FLa_DQ5ScJpsJhPTN_PQpdrA

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Congratulations from overseas to the winner, medicup, very nice armored vehicle, nice short story but few pictures in the campain. Cheers:beer:
I'm sorry for that. Doc and I both have been so busy we just couldn't get to it. Doc is in St. Louis right now on family business so I'll text him the good news....he needs it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks