• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2018 - October VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. sandcobra164
sandcobra164.jpg

2. Floridianson
Floridianson.jpg

3. 155mm
155mm.jpg

4. FloridaAKM
FloridaAKM.jpg

5. Rmtaunton
Rmtaunton.JPG

6. Derrickl112
Derrickl112.jpg

7. Medicup
medicup.jpg

8. Ferroequinologist
Ferroequinologist.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the last time I put the truck in the running, it has received a proper rear crossmember with pintle hitch and shackle mounts, bolted on using existing holes in the frame. I also added a deck plate.
That rascal makes the M35A3 look like a small toy!

Gotta love the lighting of those pics in the field. She's purty!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK....this is starting to remind me of our local elections for Mayor....of about 200K registered voters...only about 10% vote.....and the rest biotch about who got elected!!!

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This month's candidates make selecting "the best of the finest" yet another tough call.

And, when an election poses tough questions it's time for as many voices as possible to speak up rather than diving into foxholes to avoiding what's necessary.

It's time to put on some armor and jump into this with gusto!!!

Rally the voters!

Let's see how many ballots can be cast!

sandcobra164

I'll leave these pictures here. General Non-Sense has quite an oil leak from his accessory drive at the moment but he and his owner are pushing forward nonetheless. He made the round trip to Durhamtown 190 miles each way pulling the M1102 that broke my foot. He hauled about 4,000 pounds of towbars, tires, generators, etc. on the way up which provided free shipping to many members on here. More important than that, he participated in my youngest Son's Birthday Party to ensure we had plenty of room to receive gifts towing "Sarge's Trailer". General Non-Sense never complained and he'll see you again next year at the Company Picnic!

Attachments

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK people, the rally is over but the voting not. I am waiting for some more canvassing from the contenders before casting my vote; let's have it!

Hello!

As always a difficult choice, as they are all beautiful vehicles.

If I could, I'd vote for the steam locomotive, very much beautiful.

I also like the Dodge from Ferroequinologist, a friend also has one, just the predecessor from World War II. He has a nice six-cylinder Flathead engine.

Since I like the American tank trucks very well, this time 155mm gets my vote.

Greetings from Germany,

Holgi

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK...If this doesn't make you vote for Doc's (medicup) M114, I guess I will have to tell the story of how he got it....BUT FIRST!!!

We were at the hooch one day and Doc was sweating bullets inside the M114 trying to paint the interior that sea green yucky color.

Of course he had the hatches open so you's truly stuck his head in the rear hatch and said "Hey Doc, did you get those two large ratchet bars that were issued with the vehicle??

He said "No...why would you need something like that"?

I pointed to the large nuts on each side of the rear hull (that secure the rear idlers) and said "well...to turn those"

He again said "But why"??

I said..."Those are combat backups for the engine"!

He says..."HUH"??

I said "See, if you drive into an ambush and the engine becomes NMC, the crew takes those ratchet bars and a large socket and turns those nuts to move the tracks so you can get out of the kill zone, you can even steer left or right with them".

Doc looked from one to the other and eventually said..."I don't know....I think you're pulling my leg".....but he wasn't sure....:naner::naner:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks