• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil leaking question

Valiant

I have a 6.2L 998 that was driving fine. My buddy was driving it one day and said it started to stall when he took his foot off the gas. Got it towed to my house, it starts but idles rough and dies out at low idle. I thought maybe bad fuel and cleaned out the filter, same thing.

There was no noticeable leak but I noticed the oil was very low so I let it run for a while and found it started leaking a lot when it got hot. Almost looks like it comes out of the little hole in the picture too. I also notices a couple bolts were missing.

Any suggestions/thought?

Attachments

Valiant

Thanks for the input. Would that be consistent with cutting out at low idle or is that a separate issue? It didn't have any leaks before this happened.

I should also mention that it's a lot noisier and she's struggling when you hit the gas.

Dock Rocker

The cutting out is going to be fuel related. My guess is the sock on the end of your fuel pump has degraded and is blocking fuel flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks