• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Filter Glow Plug

Russm

Having moved to a colder climate I am thinking of adding a glow plug to my spin-on fuel filter mod. I have the napa 4770 base with 2 free ports aside from the inlet/outlet.

1. I'm seeing 'normal start' glow plugs and 'fast start' glow plugs. What's the difference?

2. Can I splice in the glow plug to the existing circuit (making 9 total)? Previous owner changed it to push button glow plugs, bypassed the control card.

3. Are there any other problem areas in the fuel delivery system that might need heating as well?

Thanks for any help

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

richingalveston

please do not try to make your onw fuel heater with a glow plug. that is very dangerous. buy a fuel filter base with a heating element in it.

you can insulate the line from the base to the ip. that is about all. unless moving to Alaska then look into an artic kit for a cucv if you can still find one.

have you ever looked at the end of glow plug when hot, it is way to hot for this purpose. the thought of putting it into the fuel filter base might be a good reason to lock this thread.

just keeping your fuel from gelling with the winterizer is all you need to do. the cucv with proper glow plugs will start in just about anything.

dmetalmiki

I honestly thought you were trying to make a 'firework'..Or..Worse.
As mentioned previously, Properly set and with with good maintenance, the truck is good to go in most environments. And, there are filters with the correct heaters fitted,
Then again, just keep it garaged and snug (By any means).

Keith_J

A glow plug is not the correct heater for fuel. Far too hot. The heater in the stock CUCV filter works fine. Mine doesn't leak and if it did, I know how to fix it. IMHO, fuel filter mods are the greatest cost for the least benefit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks