• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can my m35a2 cab be swapped for m35a3?

TAZZJR

Hello all,

I'm new to the deuce and a half world and trying to learn as much as I can.

My question is this. What do I need to do to modify a m35a3 cab to fit on to my m35a2.

I know i need to cut a hole for the stick shift to come through the floor, but is there any clearince issues with the standard trany I need to be worried about?

Why am I even doing this? My m35a2 is an old salt truck that runs great but the body is in pitiful shape. My welder says it's to far gone to cut out and patch the rust holes and I care to much to even touch the truck with bondo.I got a deal I couldn't pass up on all the body parts for a m35a3. I plan on lifting and moving both cabs with a forklift. Paint and T.L.C. is all she will lack from being in perfect condition in my opinion.

Thank you for all the support and grief for even suggesting this stupid idea

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

I'm new to the deuce and a half world and trying to learn as much as I can.

My question is this. What do I need to do to modify a m35a3 cab to fit on to my m35a2.

I know i need to cut a hole for the stick shift to come through the floor, but is there any clearince issues with the standard trany I need to be worried about?

Why am I even doing this? My m35a2 is an old salt truck that runs great but the body is in pitiful shape. My welder says it's to far gone to cut out and patch the rust holes and I care to much to even touch the truck with bondo.I got a deal I couldn't pass up on all the body parts for a m35a3. I plan on lifting and moving both cabs with a forklift. Paint and T.L.C. is all she will lack from being in perfect condition in my opinion.

Thank you for all the support and grief for even suggesting this stupid idea
It is the same cab , transmission tunnel unbolts just switch them.
If you can grab the dual maters cylinder and related parts for the split brake system on the A3 it is desired upgrade.
Here is a link to the TM's;
[h=1]TM's for the Deuce[/h]
Hopefully you have already read this one as all operators should .
TM9-2320-209-10-1.pdf
TM9-2320-209-10-1 Operation, Installation and Reference data for the M35 series, Operator Level.

Welcome to SS,

TAZZJR

Thank you,

All that was left of the a3 was the cab, the frame, and a few rockwells in various levels of disassembly.

I have looked for the TMs, this helps.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you,

All that was left of the a3 was the cab, the frame, and a few rockwells in various levels of disassembly.

I have looked for the TMs, this helps.
Double check for the clutch brake pedal cast assy. It looks like part of the frame.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks