• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air deflector

Wire Fox

That's an odd-looking piece. I gather that it deflects air, but what's the specific thing we're trying to deflect air from? Better fuel economy? Less debris on the hood? Making the radiator stack even less efficient?

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
This is what is needed when souping up the power train to go faster than 57 MPH. Helps keep the front tires in contact with the pavement for better handling when breaking the sound barrier.

Bah bah BOOM !

CAMO

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I helps prevent heat dissipation from the engine, improving GovPlanet sales of replacement engines.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's an odd-looking piece. I gather that it deflects air, but what's the specific thing we're trying to deflect air from? Better fuel economy? Less debris on the hood? Making the radiator stack even less efficient?
The fake eyelashes kept falling off.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would seem from this member's profile that he is a metal worker. I guess he is trying to sell this deflector.

While I think this item is "a swing and a miss", the craftsmanship seems acceptable.

Perhaps he can be persuaded to design and build other stuff for sale.

Best,

T

papakb

Deflecting air from the cooling stack is about the last thing you want to do in a HMMWV! If you wanted to deflect the air deflect it down into the stack. Now it might help with those pesky suicide bugs!

FFesco

Tough crowd, but I appreciate the feedback. Definitely makes sense as to why I shouldnt have it in. And yes I was bored, always trying to figure out what I can do to make my rigs unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks