• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Twitchy instruments

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Depends on the year of the truck and what engine it has. I would start with battery terminals and the elbow bolts. Main ground at starter. Power wires coming into the cab. Alternator cabling. Make sure the alternator isnt going into protect for some reason or loosing excite power momentarily. There are grounds all over the truck. With age things loosen up and corrode. The previous owner sold it because they didnt want to deal with it anymore. The TM isnt much use for intermittent electrical issues unfortunately.
Will

319cssb

This truck is a 1996 with 3116 engine.
I'll start at the battery and take off terminals and clean them. Then put on some Dielectric grease.

I agree with what you said about the TM's I couldn't find anything useful about intermittent stuff.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This truck is a 1996 with 3116 engine.
I'll start at the battery and take off terminals and clean them. Then put on some Dielectric grease.

I agree with what you said about the TM's I couldn't find anything useful about intermittent stuff.
I would also disconnect the batteries when cleaning any grounds or doing anything with the electric system for that matter.

Ronmar

Trying to find a ground distribution chart. Can anyone point me to the right spot in the TM?
Havnt really come across a definitive one. On sheet 15 of 34 of the electrical schematic you will find TB2 which is the ground tie point for most of the cab wiring. It ties to the ground lug in the power panel which ties down to the cab-chassis ground point by the passenger side cab mount/pivot.

Most all of the other grounds are large cables, alt-chassis, battery to chassis, starter to shunt ect.

319cssb

I am not sure if going through the ground connectios will help.
But it sure will help something. I am cleaning the connection, add dimension by roughing th surface and then coat with dielectric grease.

I looked at the oil gauge a bit closer and it at first reads a steady readout and then starts to tremble and twitch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks