• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New project...1972 Dodge Club Cab

lowell66dart

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New project...1972 Dodge Crew Cab

This was advertised as military but I can't find anything on it to verify that. The faded green paint may be OD but the truck was originally painted white. I am going to clean it some today but it looks like it has Dana 60's front and rear. The front bumper and winch are coming off today and those goofy mirrors. It had a 318 that is gone but still has the NP435 and transfer case.

I am looking for a grill, 17 inch wheels, bed, and fenders and that winch needs a new home.

Plans are to lift it and try to fit 37"s under it. Paint will probably be OD green. I am thinking about early Magnum engine with the entire truck harness out of a Ram. IMG_1082.jpgIMG_1083.jpgIMG_1084.jpgIMG_1085.jpgIMG_1086.jpgIMG_1087.jpg

Last edited:

nattieleather

Nice find. It might have been a contract truck used for base maintenance or something like that so it makes it "a military" vehicle. Fix it up, paint it a new coat of OD and enjoy. Keep posting pictures of your progress.

lowell66dart

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. Just finished getting the winch and bumper off. That was a job.

It has a Dana 70 front axle with a 60 rear. 4.10 according to the diff tag.

Last edited:

Fitter636

Looks nice, look forward to seeing more pics and progress. Picked up a ‘72 D200 club cab utiline bed (former USAF base truck out of Arizona) a few years back I’m starting to work on. Hope things go well with your project.

Last edited:

Geardoc

I have a 70 that is like that. It was a Warner Robbins truck, originally special order paint. Had a 318 with forged crank and rods like a 340, but the block had a crack.

Mine still has the military tags on the dash if someone hasn't stolen them. Had someone really want to buy it, I priced it, he blew up over the price. It had a pto winch, Dana's with lockers, side board bed.

Next day I went over to work on it- put a 360 Industrial in it, and low and behold every window in the darn thing was busted out.

Took two years to find a donor truck. I had him on game camera coming on the property the night all the windows were broken but the police wouldn't do anything(Sheriff's Office).

I used that truck with a pindle hitch to pull a John Deere 450 out of the woods.

lowell66dart

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Almost done. Put in a 1995 Dodge wiring harness and connected it to a 2001 Magnum 360. Used the steering column and dash gauges from the 95 too. Really easy swap. Has plenty of power and easy to drive. I looked around for a disc brake front 60 but couldn't find anything reasonable. Resealed the 70 and the drum brakes are not too bad. Still need to find a front painted bumper. The NP435 shifts really nice but I need overdrive. At 55 mph with the 35's and 4.10's it's turning about 2300 rpm. I have found a NV4500 and am gathering parts for the swap.thumbnail.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks