• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why is this plate so bent?

russojap

I noticed this plate is bulging out between the bolts, the left one is almost perfectly straight. What's causing this, rust between the frame and the plate maybe? Thanks

IMG_20181018_152858.jpg
IMG_20181018_152918.jpg

Left side
IMG_20181018_152951.jpg
IMG_20181018_153002.jpg

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the metal is rusting between the layers, pushing them apart...

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

I noticed this plate is bulging out between the bolts...?...

.On My?

It would be nice, (and useful) to know what car, truck, boat, shed, toy, this corrosion is taking palace on, in, under,....To assist in making a helpful suggestion.

russojap

I noticed this plate is bulging out between the bolts...?...

.On My?

It would be nice, (and useful) to know what car, truck, boat, shed, toy, this corrosion is taking palace on, in, under,....To assist in making a helpful suggestion.
Sorry about that, it's a Deuce M35A2.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes that is a big problem, I have the problem as well on a truck. I beat on the metal to break the rust, then vacuumed it out, then sandblasted down in the crevice as best as I could, then vacuumed again, then filled with cold galvanizing paint, then sealed the top with black silicone to keep water out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks