• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Ride Seat!

Iceman3005

Better pic, maybe....well at least it's not side ways.

20181018_174240.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tobyS

You'll like it a lot. Hope you got a passenger one too. Here is a different style for passenger and a center box that I put in the 817. It's nice NOT to have batteries in the way.

Attachments

Iceman3005

That one is the passenger side. I need to make sure it fits the driver side before I buy another. If it puts me to close to steering wheel, then I found a different one that is a little shorter front to back.

tobyS

Yea, the distance from seat to steering wheel was not made for big people.

Are you saying you are mounting this one on the passenger side?

74M35A2

False advertising !!!! Not installed. I recommend all to do as I say, not as I do. Throw that thing in there and plug it in. Just don’t connect it to the brake system or you’ll need to wear a helmet.

Iceman3005

Got the seat installed, just need to hook up air and heated seat.

20181030_174655.jpg20181030_174649.jpg20181030_174623.jpg

Last edited:

Iceman3005

Now that you got the passenger comfy, what about yours?
Hopefully soon! Drivers seat is not to bad. That old bench seat was horrible. I couldn't barely sit in it for 15 minutes with some cushions. Can't image riding in it for hours. The driver seat is actually not to bad. Drove from Dayton, Oh. to my house (about 7 hours) with only 2 stops. Just a little sore after that trip.

But upgrading the driver seat will be necessary, but all the work I have done over the last few weeks has set me back a few thousand. So need to wait on the seat.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oops. Uploaded the wrong pic, now I can’t figure out how to delete it.

Ok, that bottom picture is a set of Corbeau racing seats I bought to replace the stock seat for the drive from Idaho to TX. Totally worth it, though, not quite an air ride seat. I kept them in there for a couple years. That pic was taken when I was in Houston for the Harvey evacuations.

Now those two seats, with bases sit in my garage taking up space.

Iceman3005

Took the wife for a ride late last night. Went to get a load of straw. Was about 20 degrees out. Wife loved the ride, loved the heated seat feature! I'm really glad she was happy! Now hopefully she will want to go with me all the time. That old seat made her hurt, she said she didn't want to ride in it ever again with that old seat. Very happy I made the upgrade!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I edit most of my post's five or six times because I don't proof read what I type. Yep air ride is the only way to go. I picked up 17 Bostrom 931 air ride in Ohio/Gl. Got back to Fl. and sold them all to one collector for 400 a piece no questions asked.
That was a good trip /investment and got to see the world famous Gimpy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks