• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

208 lost 4-LOW

kraut83

I had a similar issue, mine also wouldn't stay in N, If I recall correctly there is a bolt that adjusts the shifter. If it is too far adjusted in either directions it can cause issues with shifting into 4wd and neutral. As long as nothing is missing simply adjust until it shifts like it should.

LT67

Both of my m1008's will go into 4high real easy. 4low I have to shut off the engine to get it to go. If I don't shut off the engine, sounds like gears not meshing... is that a shifter adjustment?

cucvrus

Put the transmission in neutral and it will shift right in with one smooth movement of the shifter. No need to turn the engine off. Just shift it with a smooth one movement shift when the transmission is in neutral. All is well. Good Luck.

LT67

Put the transmission in neutral and it will shift right in with one smooth movement of the shifter. No need to turn the engine off. Just shift it with a smooth one movement shift when the transmission is in neutral. All is well. Good Luck.
It should shift fine if you put it in neutral first.
Apologies for not making it clear; I put the trans in nuetral, move the lever all the way over to the right and it still will not go into 4low unless I shut off the engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks