• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-804a power output problems

drhurtado

I am new and without experience.

I just got a Libby MEP-804A from auction and followed all instructions to adequately use it. It turns on and everything looks fine for the first time. All the dials and clocks were apparently working fine. We tested the convenience outlet and had power.

Next day we turn on the unit and started but no voltage or any of the power readers were functioning. The AC interruptor light only turn green if I keep it pressed up. Still no power unless I keep the start position and the ac interruptor pressed at the same time.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
You need to hold the S1 (start switch) up longer, when you start the set. Hold it up until the volts and hertz meter both read right, then let go. Has the Quad circuit modification been installed? If you don't know what it is, let us know.

Guyfang

Staff member
Take a picture of the inside of the control panel, right side. Then we can see if the mod is done. You need to download the TM's and read the operators manual.

Try this. Start the set. Keep S1 in the start position. Flip up the S7. Release the S1. Do any idiot lights come on. Do your meters read now?

Last edited:

drhurtado

ill do tomorrow. I read both and looked over internet for troubleshoot. When it arrived I installed the 2 new batteries , followed all the operations and start it. Everything looked fine and all the diales were functional, tested the convenience outlet with a power tool and worked. had no change to prove the ac output as was going to be connected to a deep well pump. The next day I was able to start it normally but no power in the dials was recorded. Using this forum did some troubleshooting and identified that dials work when the S1 is hold in start position and current measured using a meter at ac output when both start is hols and the ac interruptor is hold in close position were it turns the light green. Also the interruptor does not hold in close position with light on unless I push it upward. This is my current situation.

Thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
In the first picture, the DC control fuse and cap are missing. If you don't, replace them, then the battery's will not charge. Look around inside the control panel. Most of the time they are someplace in there.

in the last two pictures, you can see the Quad fuse MWO is applied. You need to check the fuse. If it's bad, the generator will not produce power.

Last edited:

drhurtado

image.jpgIt was in the floor just put it back. The fuse was tested and functional. Still no power unless hola start position and ac interruptor hold up in close position

Guyfang

Staff member
Start the set. Hold up the S1 in the start position. Flip up the S7, then let the S1 go. Do you still have power?
If you do this, and you still have power, then its possible that K15 is bad, or not getting a signal from someplace else. Remove K15 and K16, and swap them. Then try to start it again.

Guyfang

Staff member
In the first picture, the DC control fuse and cap are missing. If you don't, replace them, then the battery's will not charge. Look around inside the control panel. Most of the time they are someplace in there.

in the last two pictures, you can see the Quad fuse MWO is applied. You need to check the fuse. If it's bad, the generator will not produce power.
Did you test the Quad fuse? I was not talking about the DC battery charging fuse.

Guyfang

Staff member
If you do this, and you still have power, then its possible that K15 is bad, or not getting a signal from someplace else. Remove K15 and K16, and swap them. Then try to start it again.
Have you done this? Has it changed anything? Do you get a different fault light?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks