• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-804a power output problems

Guyfang

Staff member
I don't think this is your problem.

K1 is a relay. It has three input terminals, and three output terminals, (the large terminals). There is also 4 small terminals. Two are for the Circuit Breaker light, and the other two are for turning on the K1. The last two are the terminals you want to test. X & Y.
Remove the wires hooked to X & Y. Hook up a ground wire to terminal Y. Hook up a wire to 24 volts, and touch it to terminal Y. You should hear the relay close. You can measure the in and out puts on K1 for ohms to make sure it works right.

This procedure is in the -24 manual.

You can test it much easier then this.
Place the S1 in the run position.
Place the S7 in the up position.
Push the S5 up, and hold it.
You should hear the relay close.
To test the relays function, to see if it closed and made contact, ohm out the in and output terminals.

Last edited:

cdhoov

I am having the exact same issue with an identical unit. There is no conclusion on this thread what the issue was. Any help would be appreciated.
If I stay on the start switch it will produce power. I have tried holding this switch for 15+ seconds with no change.
It appears if relay K11 is pulled the generator will make power, but this relay only pull if I'm on the start switch. If I apply voltage to the coil of this relay when its running, it will make power.

Guyfang

Staff member
Do you have the Quad MWO applied to your set? If not, holding the S1 in the up position for long time periods is not a good thing.

Start at the beginning.

Is this set new to you?

Have you ever seen it work right?

Do you have the TM's?

Can you read schematics?

Describe what happens, and when it happens by starting up the set.

Consider starting your own thread, as it gets you help, and we don't have to think about the first three pages of this thread.

RoganRiiley

I am having the same issue with my MEP 804 a , what was the final reason you found to be the problem?

starts runs great but when I hit the ac circuit interrupter no power.

Guyfang

Staff member
Please read post 21 and 23. Have you done these things? Start your own thread, as this is an old one and not much looked at. We need you to give us more info, so its easier to try and help.

RoganRiiley

I have a MEP 804 a with a problem. the first couple start ups everything worked properly. then I noticed the AC circuit light went out and the AC circuit switch stopped transferring power.
the up grade has been done.
if one of the relays are bad where do you buy new ones?

Guyfang

Staff member
I have a MEP 804 a with a problem. the first couple start ups everything worked properly. then I noticed the AC circuit light went out and the AC circuit switch stopped transferring power.
the up grade has been done.
if one of the relays are bad where do you buy new ones?
Start a new thread. You need to troubleshoot, not just throw parts at it. There are a good number of relays in the set. Changing them one by one is not a good idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks