• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 05 info near louisville

Duce

I bought a mep 05 at auction several years back put in in my 105 and it has sat since.
I never tried to run it. The auction contact said it started and ran briefly in till it ran out of fuel due to the tankes being drained.

I would like to get it going and set it up for back up power for my house. If any gen set wizards near Louisville would be interested in helping let me know. I know nothing about them and haven't looked at it in years, unless you count using the 105 its in for shooting out of with the kids when it was raining. Thanks

Duce

Guess I will have to go look at it and refresh my memory. I have been at the farm its at my other house. I will be working 16hr the next 4 days so may take me bit.

It about the size of a welder bobcat 225. I'm sure it is a 5000kw something like 6800 on start up.

But again its been years since I have messed with it. I sold all my trucks and only have the gen set, 105 trailer, and a bunch of random gear from my auction frenzy days. If I get a chance I will look at the data plate tonight.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, without more concrete info not much help anyone can give you. Pretty sure a picture of the unit, or all the data plate info will immediately clear it up.

Duce

I was wrong its a mep 002A.
Its 5kw 60hz.
I'm sure it will need batteries and fresh fuel. Once I see if it runs and functions properly oil and filter change.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great, thats a start. So on these aircooled sets, when they are not regularly exercised... the plunger in the injector pump can cause problems. If you really haven't run this in years, you may have issue here. I'm not going to curse you, but its something to be aware of. Definitely take your time, replace all filters, fuel, oil, etc... and get a good baseline for 'starting fresh'.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks