• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

no start

mogger7

hey guys got my 1079 from texas to Va. put the batterys in it and when u try to start it the starter engages then disengages engages then disengages . the fan turns a few dagrees each time u here it engage but will not turn enough to start any ideas batterys are not new but I charged each one for an hr or so
thanks
Rich Dunlap

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would make sure your batteries are 100 percent my friend. Bet they just dont have enough to spin the starter fast enough.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

snowtrac nome

mine has been doing the same thing I need to order up a starter drive. Also while the starter is out you should inspect the starter ring gear the teeth are huge on them and failure is rare but does happen.

Ronmar

Got a multimeter? First test is the testpoints on the power panel. Voltage between ground and the 12V TP and ground and 24V TP. 12V is hot when batteries are connected, 24V appears when the ignition switch powers up relay K2. With the switch on the testpoints should both be the same as battery voltage between the 12 and 24V battery cables to ground. Around 12.6V and 25.2V respectively if the batts have a reasonable charge. If you are not near these voltages, charge the batteries.

now observe the voltages at the two test points while you try to start it. If one drops significantly, look back thru that circuit.

just troubleshot something similar on my truck last week, turn on switch, warning lights and low air buzzer come on, push start, starter goes clunk and everything goes dark. My 12V was disappearing at the power panel when I hit the starter button, which shut of the 26V being provided by relay K2. Traced it back to a bad connection at the reverse polarity diode module below the airfilter outlet. Cleaned the connections and she started right up.

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks