• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake booster leaking in 77 M880

bwhite757

Getting ready to purchase another brake booster to replace the one on my truck. Any difference than the W200 brake booster for the same year, or do I need to be looking for a different one?

TIA

dodjh

Does the Brake Booster on the M880 need a gasket between firewall and BB and MC and BB? Installed a spare I had and saw remains of gaskets on each location.

I didn't put gaskets back (didn't have any and couldn't see the need for it) but having a hiss when brake pedal is depressed. MC has been bench bled but not wheel cylinders yet.

Check valve is fine and no vacuum leaks...well, not if the hiss is a vacuum leak.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks