• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show me your overhead consoles

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to see what others have done for mounting VIC-1 radios and other items on the back of the cab (soft top or hard top). I am working on a console for an AM-1780 and some control boxes and I would like to see which ideas work. I have a soft top which may have less head/shoulder room than a hard top so it should be fun. Here is a picture taken from Lucy Ludy's youtube video to kick this off:
RADIO CONSOLE.jpg

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
20190509_164345.jpg 20190514_101707.jpg
20190509_164313.jpg
20190430_201140.jpg

Just going to add to this for the sake of collecting pics in a common thread.

This is my intercom console in my M813.

Attachments

Last edited:

SSGHillbilly

Is this in the cab of the Deuce! Three or four Vic boxes? You can only fit three in the cab right?
is something for in the back or is this all set up for in the rear cargo bed? A distant photo shot would be nice to.

thanks for sharing. Looks like you did do a nice job though.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this in the cab of the Deuce! Three or four Vic boxes? You can only fit three in the cab right?
is something for in the back or is this all set up for in the rear cargo bed? A distant photo shot would be nice to.

thanks for sharing. Looks like you did do a nice job though.
The 4 boxes are all for in the cab since my kids are small enough my entire family of 4 can fit in the cab.

This might be the most zoomed out picture I have:
20190509_170251.jpg

Here is the link to the full write-up: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?188122-VIC-1-intercom-panel-for-soft-tops&highlight=Soft+tops

Ajax MD

I like how you used old style tail lights for illumination.

In order to fit 4 people in the cab, did you replace the seats with something more modern? What did you do for seat belts?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like how you used old style tail lights for illumination.

In order to fit 4 people in the cab, did you replace the seats with something more modern? What did you do for seat belts?
Stock seats. I added center belts for the kiddos - they share a belt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks