• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP / JERRV wheels? no further info though, trying to figure out what they are

Cowpig

Hi all - I recently got 5 of these steel wheels for my truck, but they didn't have o-rings or valve stems and the markings stamped on them don't turn up anything on the internet.

the seller says they're MRAP/RG31 cat 1 and MRAP/JERRV wheels NSN #: 2530-01-559-5894, Part #: R0022410

16 Stud 8 Hole Wheel / Rim, 20" inch x 10" inch with 11" inch offset

another seller on ebay says they're actually 'proto-type' wheels that were never used so there isn't a NSN or part number.

any opinions or experience on what o-ring will fit these? the studs are the 15/16" size if that helps - research that i was able to find seems to indicate 7/32" o-rings...but some of the threads on this site indicate go to the next size up anyway to help ensure they'll seal. (I do have some lithium grease I was planning to use on the orings, if i can figure out which ones to buy!)

thanks, Jim16 Stud 8 Hole Wheel Rim for MRAP.jpg

also - I have 5 stryker wheels, the aluminum ones, NOS. same bolt pattern as these steel ones but the offset/backspace was all wrong for my truck (c4500 4x4). Not sure if anyone out there can use these or not, or have any ideas on if i can recenter them for smaller truck (550/5500 truck?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowpig

oops, all the writing was in white ... sorry about that made the change so you can actually read it :D

also -the only markings stamped on the wheels are as follows:

GW C40001289 S
OW 1923 09-09

and another one has

GW C4000824
OW 1928 07-07

google returns nothing at all on these numbers - guessing they're just gross weight (GW?)code or lot numbers and the date of mfg?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
oops, all the writing was in white ... sorry about that made the change so you can actually read it :D

also -the only markings stamped on the wheels are as follows:

GW C40001289 S
OW 1923 09-09

and another one has

GW C4000824
OW 1928 07-07

google returns nothing at all on these numbers - guessing they're just gross weight (GW?)code or lot numbers and the date of mfg?
When posting, please use the Font Color: AUTOMATIC, so that the messages are readable on all platforms.
I fixed it for you.
Thanks.
John

Cowpig

well was hoping someone here knew ... but i have a couple sizes of o-ring and a dual port valve on the way to test fit a tire. i'll post results on both in case anyone else is in this situation with these wheels....

Cowpig

to close this out in case somebody stumbles across my thread someday...

20" combat o-rings, 1/4" thick (black) and the dual port valves ... drill the hole to 13/16"

the wheel studs are m14 x 1.5 (I wanted a die to chase the threads). Near as i could find... torque them to about 162 ft/lb. mine are holding psi and mounted...

enjoy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks