• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with value...M135

Brad

Been hanging on to my Dad's 1953 M135 for last several years, but now my Mom has passed and I need to keep or sell it. But either way I need a value to attach to it. Everything is pretty original except we have a five speed manual tranny in it, Runs pretty good, brakes are always hanging up.
Decent canvas roof, paint, decals.

ThanksTried adding a cpl pics but won't work? I could hopefully e-mail some if you can help?

Brad

100_1614.jpgHEre is a photo from about seven years ago of Dad and I in the only parade he got to ride it in. A month later he had a stroke

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My opinion is that a M135 as nice as appears in your picture is worth $6000. This is to a serious collector, not "craigslist".

Brad

100_0636.jpg100_0641.jpgThese are just a cpl years old. Truck will soon need new tires. Has a WWII standard tranny instead of the automatic.
Thanks

Brad

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if any one else had any thoughts.
The problem is since Mom passed we now have to deal with everything in Dad's estate. I would love to have a way for my Son, a veteran and the only Grandson to show any interest in this truck, to end up with this truck.
But I think my Brothers have more interest in getting every last dime, more than keeping things that my parents valued in the family. This truck being just one thing like that.
Any help is appreciated. ThanksDSC_0303.JPG

mcv1964

I would explain to your brothers that this is not just a object but a legacy of your father as well as the military that this truck so faithfully served. If all else fails you establish the value of it and buy it from your mother.

But the one thing to keep in mind is that family and blood are worth far more than this wonderful old steel soldier!

Good luck!

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear about your losses. I purchased my red truck for $1200 and my Yellow truck ffor $2400. Both Ran, drove and shifted. Then I watched truck prices climb a few years ago in the midwest. I believe at one time Red may have been worth about 6k with all the canvas and winch. I think the prices have turned down on this era truck. I'm seeing them this week on Facebook and Ebay again in that same price range as what I paid or less. I have not gotten a single call on yellow at 4k and it sleeps 4, runs and drives. I placed it on a couple sites for barter and no offers for trade.
I think your dad's truck is a beautiful truck and you probably even treasure the time you spent with him struggling with brakes. Your family may be less than happy with what it sells for. To avoid problems, make your case and see what they say. Then consider adding it as consignment to a local auction or internet auction and take your chances.
I remember my grandfather's estate in 1982. There were tractors, trucks, cars, a tv and a beautiful John deere 214 and 3 guns. Dad wanted 2 of the guns. In 2018 the only thing left from the estate are 3 guns owned by 3 grandkids. Everything else of size from the estate has been sold, scrapped or thrown away.
Good luck to you.

rustystud

Sorry to hear about your losses. I purchased my red truck for $1200 and my Yellow truck ffor $2400. Both Ran, drove and shifted. Then I watched truck prices climb a few years ago in the midwest. I believe at one time Red may have been worth about 6k with all the canvas and winch. I think the prices have turned down on this era truck. I'm seeing them this week on Facebook and Ebay again in that same price range as what I paid or less. I have not gotten a single call on yellow at 4k and it sleeps 4, runs and drives. I placed it on a couple sites for barter and no offers for trade.
I think your dad's truck is a beautiful truck and you probably even treasure the time you spent with him struggling with brakes. Your family may be less than happy with what it sells for. To avoid problems, make your case and see what they say. Then consider adding it as consignment to a local auction or internet auction and take your chances.
I remember my grandfather's estate in 1982. There were tractors, trucks, cars, a tv and a beautiful John deere 214 and 3 guns. Dad wanted 2 of the guns. In 2018 the only thing left from the estate are 3 guns owned by 3 grandkids. Everything else of size from the estate has been sold, scrapped or thrown away.
Good luck to you.
I know for a while there the old deuces and M135's where selling to "survivalists" and the prices got jacked up pretty good. Then they started to buy the later model LMTV's (newer and easier to get parts) so the demand for the older deuces has gone down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks