• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where is the Oil Filter Located on a M923A1 and How do you change it?

Sargent Psyclopps

Hello everyone! I am new to Steel Soldier. I am happy :grin: to be apart of this community! I would like to do an oil change on my M923A1, but I don't know where the oil filter is located? Please help me. Thank you! :tank:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Drivers side of the engine. Below the injection pump and air compressor. It is in a canister. It will have a foot plate on the frame bolted just beside it. Take the bolt out of the back of it

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drivers side of the engine. Below the injection pump and air compressor. It is in a canister. It will have a foot plate on the frame bolted just beside it. Take the bolt out of the back of it
Wes,
you forgot to tell him about the small drain plug to drain said canister. Pull the drain to prevent a big mess. A small baking pan fits on the frame rail below the filter head. This will keep it to a small mess. Better have a x-large pan to drain the crank case. 5+ gallons of oil drains out "now".

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Have you READ the -10 (owners manual), it is FULL of interesting things.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wes,
you forgot to tell him about the small drain plug to drain said canister. Pull the drain to prevent a big mess. A small baking pan fits on the frame rail below the filter head. This will keep it to a small mess. Better have a x-large pan to drain the crank case. 5+ gallons of oil drains out "now".
heck that little thing makes a mess. or i used to scream and cuss just trying to get it loose with my big gorilla hands that can't reach under it.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TECHNICAL MANUALS ARE FREE ON THIS WEBSITE, I ENCOURAGE YOU TO HAVE A LOOK, before asking questions like this, if you look and cannot find what you seek then ask away and we will be happy to assist!
Karl

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thread moved to correct forum.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please, please, at the very minimum, read the -10 TM.... These are not large pickups, they're essentially commercial trucks with lots of unique quirks. There are things you need to understand and tackle before you drive it.

You need to understand the braking system, emergency shutoff procedure, and parking brake at an absolute bare minimum, but I highly suggest you read the - 10 TM in its entirety. A couple weeks of bathroom trips will give you enough time to read it, a couple pages (one section) at a time....

If you're not familiar with air brakes and how they work, what safeguards they have and how they function, etc. you're gonna need to understand them before you drive.

I can't stress enough the importance of this, as it's not just your life you're dealing with, it's everyone else's on the road.

That being said, congrats on your purchase, welcome, and have fun!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks