• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel gauge and sending unit check

CHM

I did a search and did not find anything but could have very easily not looked hard enough. The fuel gauge on my 53 does not work and I am not certain if it is the gauge or the sending unit. On these 24 volt trucks can you ground out the sending unit or gauge to see if it is the gauge or sending unit. I know on the old cars if you grounded it out and it went to full it was the sending unit and typically if it did not move it was the gauge or both. This kind of goes along with fuel but not so much the wiring. On my 53 REO do I need to buy a lead additive for it to help with the valves?

CHM

I guess also if it is the sending unit are the sending units for the multi-fuel the same as for the gas fuel tank? I have found them for the multi-fuel but it does not specifically say they are for the gas as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks