• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need advice on item pickup at Camp Lejeune

webbalo54

Recently purchased 4 M105A2 trailers from GP. I was expecting the notorious short pickup window but after paying and receiving my item release it stated customers are no longer able to enter the base. I called and the lady told me that I had two options. Use a transport service or pay for a tow off company to retrieve them for me. She was nice and gave me the number to the towing company. I called and they wanted $150 per trailer to take them off base back to their lot. Does anybody have any suggestion as to how I can get these off base without paying over half the cost of the trailers? If any members are able to get them off base I would be more than happy to compensate them for their efforts.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
This was said from the base personnel that you could not enter? Or from Govplanet? Being that if you wanted to pick them up yourself you would go thru the commercial gate as if you are a transport company cause basically you are.

If govplanet said you can't enter the base based on their rules with the base then i would pitch a fit because they should not sell things that you can not recover yourself. You have that right to not pay for that. As far as I know any civilian can get on any military base as long as you are on official business and pass their background/entry requirements. Just like the days of them saying "oh yes we sell generators and other non mobile things but we do not have a forklift to load them"

webbalo54

I called the base and they said that I could get on if I had a sponsor. I’ll call them tomorrow and ask about coming in the commercial gate as a transporter. GP stayed that they were no longer allowed to sponsor customers to come onto base. They did say they could refund my money bc of the trouble but I’d rather have the trailers but not if it’s gonna cost me an additional $600 plus storage fees @$140 a day.

webbalo54

I’ll see if I can reach out to him. Thank you 98G.

simp5782- Base said all I needed was a sponsor. GP said they’re not allowed to sponsor customers anymore via DLA rules.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I would call the DLA office there. The DLA likes to make stupid quirks and statements and then complain that crap is not getting moved off bases. I will text someone I know with the DLA

webbalo54

Thank you, I will call the office on Monday. Even the gentleman I spoke with at the visitor center there was shocked that they were unwilling to sponsor a customer in to retrieve their items. GP customer service wasn’t any help with providing me any kind of contact number for the rep there either. First time I’ve ever not been given a POC. The lady was really pushing the Tow off service hard.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something is up with Bragg/Lejuene. I didn't get contact info for Felix this last time. And the pickup location was bunk as they gave me DLA/DRMOs lot, but it was on a whole other section of base. I'm not sure what's going on, but something is up.

I'd request to email the site POC (Felix) and see what's up.

Also remember, I'm still DoD, the way I get onto base isn't how joe civilian does. I do not know what the requirements are except what is posted on the installation website.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks