• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any pictures or information on the Dodge XM195?

AVLJeeper

That’s great Nathan! Glad to hear you’re making progress on it.

I have a few questions for you when you have time:
- Is the transfer case divorced like the M37 or is it mated to the transmission?
- Looks like you got the front bumper and is that one of the rear fender flares on your trailer?
- Did the seller give you any details about where the truck came from?

Nathan Privat

1) The transfer case is separated to the transmission I believe but I would have to check again to be 100%.
2) I don't have the original front bumper but I did buy an M37 bumper at the last meet and I'm going to cut it down to make it 6" wide to fit the frame. I did a little scaling form the pictures. The book I have has the M37 next to the XM195 and form that I'm doing the scaling. I got two m37 fender flares from the guy I bought it from he was nice enough to put those in with the truck. But I've done some other comparisons and I believe that they are the same or close enough to the XM195's you won't be able to tell the difference I think.
3)The seller told me that the guy he bought it from told him that he had some random m37 tuck he showed up and realized that is was the XM195 so he bought it. I don't recall him telling me anything about where that guy got it from.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Few guys here are on Instagram, or even know what it is. For the best help, you may want to upload direct to here or G-741

Nathan Privat

I'll try to post some pics here but its harder. Also if you have a smart phone, Instagram is just like Facebook just go to the app store and download it make a blank account then you can just look at pictures. If you can't do that then I will try to post here as well but it won't be as detailed or as many pictures.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nathan, if you're willing, a lot of us folks who just use phones to make calls would be very interested in seeing your project here. ;)

Also, this board is a longstanding one, and a good place to carry the history of your work into the coming years (I have no idea what instagram is, or how long posts there last, as in can you find a post from 18 years ago on there?).

Cheers

Nathan Privat

Yes pictures stay there forever and as I said I will try to post pictures here it's just a little harder. I am also making a slide show that I will be posting on YouTube, here other places when I am finished so that there will be a couple of places you can find the whole process. I'll try to keep you guys up to date here.
Quick question if I'm posting on steel soldiers should I make a new post specify for this project or should I just continue posting on this thread?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks