• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Dot A/C install help

Ok guys Ive been researching here and online about this A/C. I am wonderimg if the Red Dot Humvee compressor will work can I get it in a double groove pulley configuration, or swap to the correct pulley? I am going to mount the the 3 fan evaporator in the video on the roof of my shelter box or the front wall of it. Any and all advice on the compressor and or other parts is greatly appreciated.

Ok guys Im looking at a Denso style compressor for a Cat. I can buy the adapter for the AC lines. Not sure of the rotation yet but will find out for sure today. It looks like a I can only use one pulley groove on the inside because the outer is smaller. I can fit it on either side of the engine either on air compressor belt or alternator belt only can use one if I mount it to that side depending on rotation. On a side note the Denso does nt require as much engine power to run as the Sandon style from what I read while researching.

Last edited:
Ok guys I need help with fittings for the compressor I it's not here yet and no specs on the thread sizes need to get charge fittings for high and low sides of compressor and possibly some elbow fittings. Here's some pics of compressor.

Attachments

winfred

C3CBB242-E978-4E49-8120-00E5F89E4BEC.jpgi had to tweak the hardware in my waterloo compressor kit, i don't remember the exacts but here is my post on it https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...ce-this-week&p=2124297&viewfull=1#post2124297 i put washers behind the fan to get the blades off the compressor snout, still had to bend a little wiggle in the back side of each blade.
haven't constructed the rest of the system yet as another project moved up front and now that its fall it may end up spring before i build the evap

edit to add condenser fitment pic, it's a generic parallel flow kit with a drier/pressure switch and a few fittings, was 60-70 delivered

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a number of fittings left over from all my ac installs, let me know what you are interested in any of them.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a sheet I worked up when I was doing my trucks with the Humvee kits. Not sure about the #10 at the compressor it maybe a #12. Hope this helps.

Attachments

Well started installing compessor and the belts are too short kinda figured they would be so have to take measurements and get new ones. I only had one other issue so far with a bolt but made a stud and got it to work. I ll get videos up as soon as new belts are aqiured.

Ok guys I had to go through 4 different belt sizes to get the correct length. I had to change some of the hardware out and use shims. I also had to trim roughly a half inch off my nylon fan blades very easy to do with lexan hobby scissors. I have the duel voltage alternator and that pulley as well as AC pulley were bigger so needed different belts. The belts were 55" long. I got everything tightened up started truck ran at idle and very high rpm good to go. I won't know until all the system is hooked up how compressor with do with a load on it. I'll post a video or 2 tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks